Alan Pardew

JH

What's the point in it? Could it be used to make the pitches better.

Not even sure why I am pursuing my ludicrous suggestion, I sound like James :lol:

Yes, yes you do. :lol:

It would be absolutely staggering considering the bore hole has sod all to do with the club, it was a university project nowhere near any training ground.

As for being lucky with injuries? As has been said Ben Arfa, and off the top of my head, Taylor, Santon, Guthrie, Williamson, Furguson, Gosling, Vuckic and Tiote have all been missing games this season because of injury and Shola will be out for a good deal longer. Not massively lucky if you ask me.

What's the point in it? Could it be used to make the pitches better.

Not even sure why I am pursuing my ludicrous suggestion, I sound like James :lol:

I'd guess the point of it would be to "produce" their own water for showers, watering the pitches and so on. Saves a bit of money in the long run not having to pay for it from an external company. Depending on what kind of under-soil heating they have installed at the training ground it can also be used to heat up the pitches. This would save an enormous amount of money when compared to electrical or gas heated pitches.

Since, we're already discussing this matter I work with exactly this and my company has a test site in Norway where the costs compared to traditional methods of under-soil heating have been slashed by almost 90%. And for the geographical location of the training ground I'd say that this would probably save the club somewhere between 500-750K/year.

Ho

I still think he's a bit of a puppet. As well as he's done since he's been here; like f*** would Alan Pardew be an outstanding candidate for the Newcastle job before he got it. He's in the little circle of those who run the club, no doubt about it - he's abiding by those who've given him the biggest gig of his life. It's just an absolute blessing that he A: happens to have the fans' interests at heart, and B: is a good manager.

We've absolutely fallen on our feet with Pardew; he fits perfectly with the needs of the club, and the needs of the egos that run it. In any other world, he would never have been in line for the Newcastle job. As it turns out, he was the only candidate.

How do you know he was the only candidate?

I wasn't referring to their shortlist before/when Hughton got sacked, i just mean that he's turned out to be perfect for the job (and thus, the 'only' candidate).

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the only name they discussed. There's clearly a relationship there from pre-Newcastle.

That's not what Pards claims

Aye... i don't believe him. :razz:

Did you also believe Hughton was a puppet when appointed?

Give this article a go - http://www.cracked.com/article_19468_5-logical-fallacies-that-make-you-wrong-more-than-you-think.html

O0

A lot of people thought Hughton was a 'yes man' when appointed IIRC, not that it matters now.

I honestly don't care if Pardew knew Ashley or Llambias before he got the job - Hughton didn't deserve the sack but whether or not the new man was selected before or after is basically irrelevant to me.

We got a manager who was in many ways similar the kind of players we've been after -- underrated or overlooked, available without spending big bucks, hungry and with something to prove.

Spot on, the motivation element of signings, and in this case the manager, is generally massively underestimated in football. A Tier 2 player who will work his arse of to succeed is much better value than a Tier 1 player who has already 'made it'.

Ho

I still think he's a bit of a puppet. As well as he's done since he's been here; like f*** would Alan Pardew be an outstanding candidate for the Newcastle job before he got it. He's in the little circle of those who run the club, no doubt about it - he's abiding by those who've given him the biggest gig of his life. It's just an absolute blessing that he A: happens to have the fans' interests at heart, and B: is a good manager.

We've absolutely fallen on our feet with Pardew; he fits perfectly with the needs of the club, and the needs of the egos that run it. In any other world, he would never have been in line for the Newcastle job. As it turns out, he was the only candidate.

How do you know he was the only candidate?

I wasn't referring to their shortlist before/when Hughton got sacked, i just mean that he's turned out to be perfect for the job (and thus, the 'only' candidate).

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he was the only name they discussed. There's clearly a relationship there from pre-Newcastle.

That's not what Pards claims

Aye... i don't believe him. :razz:

Did you also believe Hughton was a puppet when appointed?

Give this article a go - http://www.cracked.com/article_19468_5-logical-fallacies-that-make-you-wrong-more-than-you-think.html

O0

No, i thought he was a cheap option that would get on with the job quietly, and stood a good chance of getting us promoted. An honest bloke who was grateful for the job and would do it with minimal fuss. I didn't agree with it at the time cos i wanted Shearer (thank fuck we didn't), but that was what happened. With the benefit of hindsight, it was inevitable that they would move him on eventually; they were begging for a reason.

As a few have pointed out we have been quite lucky with injuries, now without having a clue what one actually is, how funny would it be if this bore hole was responsible for the lack of injuries? :lol:

We're drilling for oil... Ashleys new plan for self financing...

:)

watch him blaze a trail with us this season then get hyped to oblivion and get the england job after cappello f***s up euro 2012 :lol:

For the first time in my life I actually want England to be managed by Harry Redknapp.

I was thinking that yesterday. Don't want Pards to go to England :/

watch him blaze a trail with us this season then get hyped to oblivion and get the england job after cappello fucks up euro 2012 :lol:

For the first time in my life I actually want England to be managed by Harry Redknapp.

chill unless the taxman gets his hands on Redknapp then hes as certain a bet for the England manager as there has ever been.

mind you SSN will be lost without the ability to stop him on transfer deadline day and ask him what last minute deal is he after this time and hyping said last minute stuff up to the rafters

Sorry if it's been covered elsewhere, but just dug these out from NUFC.com in terms of "all-time club records":

Longest Unbeaten Run in one season:

11 games 21st August 1994 – 29th October 1994

Longest Unbeaten Run:

12 games 7th May 1994 – 29th October 1994

He's already taken the bottom one as we're now on 13 unbeaten when you include the three from the tail-end of last season and avoiding defeat on Saturday will see him equal the top one. Shame that it's Manchester City (a) after that, but it would be all the more special if he manages to keep it going to take it outright there too.

Absolutely dumbfounding, but absolutely brilliant.

So it's not just players we're paranoid of losing now, it's the manager aswell?

assuming he keeps it up he'd surely be one of the only outstanding english managers around, no?  certainly managing top flight clubs

just seen redknapp is to have heart surgery as well...

assuming he keeps it up he'd surely be one of the only outstanding english managers around, no?  certainly managing top flight clubs

Surely its a question for Fat Sam  :lol:

It's just extremely tedious how we can't just enjoy a good spell without constantly going on about how "insert player name here" is gonna leave.

It's just extremely tedious how we can't just enjoy a good spell without constantly going on about how "insert player name here" is gonna leave.

Who isn't enjoying the good spell, you? Should be ashamed of yourself really, we're doing great at the moment and Pards is too!!

Will certainly be chanting for him on Saturday - absolutely ridiculed Stoke on Monday by using professional preparation, thus preventing a p*ss poor performance. (Which is exactly what Stoke rely on to win games imo - f***ing horrible shitty little poxy club.) We're living by the "6 p's" and it's working extremely well. Every decision and risk is well calculated and it's proving that both tactically and as a man manager Pardew knows what he is doing. I was as unhappy as anyone when we got him, but f***ing hell the bloke has done wonders. At the same time Hughtons work should also not be undervalued.

I get the impression that Pardew sees this task as his biggest in football management to date, and possibly going forward. If he had the opportunity to manage England, he would most likely take it, but just like the England job, if you fail at Newcastle your football management days slowly seem to fade and die - and he seems to know that.

Between him and his staff (both in playing and non-playing capacities), and finally the fans, the footballing side of this club is going in a steady and right direction. Financially, Mike Ashley is seemingly doing the business, despite making mistake after mistake on the PR side. When the financial report or whatever it is called is done this should clear things up. I thoroughly expect to be breaking even and/or miles up by now (not that I fully understand finances).

The key going into the next 8 games is that we don't expect too much from certain games and that the squad/club achieve points where we'd expect. If we take a greater amount of points than set out at the start of this 8, we'll be flying. I reckon it's not too unrealistic to say we could get 16 points from the next 8 and any more would be f***ing sweet. Imagine if we're on 38points after 18 games going in to play José Enrique and Andy Carroll...

Sorry if it's been covered elsewhere, but just dug these out from NUFC.com in terms of "all-time club records":

Longest Unbeaten Run in one season:

11 games 21st August 1994 – 29th October 1994

Longest Unbeaten Run:

12 games 7th May 1994 – 29th October 1994

He's already taken the bottom one as we're now on 13 unbeaten when you include the three from the tail-end of last season and avoiding defeat on Saturday will see him equal the top one. Shame that it's Manchester City (a) after that, but it would be all the more special if he manages to keep it going to take it outright there too.

Absolutely dumbfounding, but absolutely brilliant.

Been trying to find out what the all-time top flight one is. We've equalled the one in 1950, no idea if there's a one further back than that if we avoid defeat on Saturday or whether this is the best run in the club's history?