Alan Pardew

JH

“The fans have had so many ­broken promises in the past not just from this ownership but way before that, but  we have added two or three very good players to the group ­already and we are going to add to that.”

How long is Pardew going to last highlighting such lies?

Be pretty stupid not to take into account Villa signing a top class striker for massive wedge in January, and us selling ours and making zero effort to replace him.

Lost Carroll, but got Ben Arfa for a not inconsiderable £7m. Then got shot of Nolan and Routledge, and replaced them with Cabaye, Marv, Ba, and by the look of it Obertan (Abeid I don't think is fair to class as a first team signing yet).

Look, there is no doubt we need more, a fucking decent striker for a start as you say, but the point was that we are not showing the ambition to compete with the likes of Everton, Villa etc. I would (again with the caveat, as it stands) disagree with that.

:lol: Something inside Northerngimp has snapped today like.

Fuckng right i has, I have watched and waited to see what they would do with this 35 million windfall.

Spun people a long all the time, proven liars - FACT.

He is looking for the middle ground between showing his squad of players he understands their concerns and will do what's needed to prove that too them but also not upsetting the big far child of an owner and get himself sacked.

Needs to make sure the likes of Colo, Jose and Barton have faith him is willing to listen to them, its obvious Pards is very worried about losing more players, add that to the worry of not getting enough new signings and will feel he has to say something. Our worry should be the fact he is saying it to the press I think that indicates whatever he is saying to Ashley & Lambias is being ignored or why would he feel the need to speak publicly about it.

I just dont understand the point in owning a football club like newcastle that has proven itselff to be capable of playing european football on a regular basis and not try and achieve that again.

MIKE european football brings in more money !

He is looking for the middle ground between showing his squad of players he understands their concerns and will do what's needed to prove that too them but also not upsetting the big far child of an owner and get himself sacked.

Needs to make sure the likes of Colo, Jose and Barton have faith him is willing to listen to them, its obvious Pards is very worried about losing more players, add that to the worry of not getting enough new signings and will feel he has to say something. Our worry should be the fact he is saying it to the press I think that indicates whatever he is saying to Ashley & Lambias is being ignored or why would he feel the need to speak publicly about it.

Well so far the players have all spoken well of Pardew but if he is saying one thing to the press and players and then the board go and do something else, then he is completely undermined and will lose his credibility with the players as a result.

.com have Pardew down as saying the following;

Alan Pardew commented after the deluge:

"It’s frustrating but there isn’t a lot you can do about the weather. The rain just wouldn’t stop and we were worried about injuries.

“There was a tackle on Cabaye out there which had my heart in my mouth. It was the right decision to call it off.

“I hope I can get the club unified again. When the ­ownership of the football club is in the forefront of conversation it is a ­problem.

“I want people to be talking about the football team here and what the players do on the football pitch.

“The problem is that where we are now financially means that we can never really fulfill the expectations of the fans. They have memories of European football but the gap is ­getting bigger as the years go by.

“It is becoming difficult to compete with the top clubs, but that is not to say we can’t compete at the level we are at, but we are always vulnerable to the bigger clubs as Andy Carroll’s move proved.

“That makes it very difficult to manage – but not impossible. Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias made it quite clear – the club to a certain extent needs to wipe its nose and therefore we haven’t got ­investment above our income. That is how Mike wants to run the football club.

“Some of the other clubs have that ability to spend more than they earn and Manchester City have been able to break into the top four for that reason.

“They have a sovereign state ­backing them. We can’t ­compete with that. It is very difficult.”

“I am not going to make any predictions about the new ­season until I see what ­players we get in. I am fairly confident that we will get the players in that we need. I would like one or possibly two in before we play Arsenal.

“The fans have had so many ­broken promises in the past not just from this ownership but way before that, but  we have added two or three very good players to the group ­already and we are going to add to that.”

“Once we see the team settle down – and I don’t think it will be in the FIRST THREE OR FOUR GAMES if I am honest – I think we are going to see a very strong side.”

I don't like the sound of the last bit, three or four games would have us losing to Arsenal, the mackems, out of the Carling cup and another league game while they settle down. Settling down is what you do in pre-season. Fucking incompetent beyond belief.

He didn't say 'We're going to lose the first four games' though, but we wont have a settled team for three or four games. That's not the same thing :lol:

and let's face it, it the same for everyone else with new players. Nothing unreasonable with what he said there. It's the bits before that irritate me.

Otter's post in some other thread (or maybe this one?) is the best response possible I could give it.

He's basically saying it will take time for signings to gel in.

Even though they were all signed a month before a pre-season football had been kicked (bar Obertan). :lol: So much for the benefits of getting them in early, then.

Even though they were all signed a month before a pre-season football had been kicked (bar Obertan). :lol: So much for the benefits of getting them in early, then.

I get all that but it's hardly as if the pre-season problems have been Pardew's fault.

I get all that but it's hardly as if the pre-season problems have been Pardew's fault.

I know, i wasn't blaming Pardew. I was just laughing at the situation itself.

Basically an admission the club is going backwards, as if we didn't know.

That's exactly what he said, word for word.

Pretty much, isn't it?  Fans want to get into Europe, we never will and we're getting further away from it each year.

The pre-season last year didn't go great from what I remember. This time it's been exacerbated by visa problems and freak weather. None of those are really Pardew's fault although I fully expect some to try and argue they were anyway. This is getting daft.