Alan Pardew

JH

I'm not very fond of Pardew, but I'm very thankful for the job he did today. Cracking substitutions made a dream come true... to see two Ameobis on the same pitch. Not to mention Kazenga and Ranger.

If it was Hughton we'd have seen Smith, Kuqi and Ranger (in that order) from the bench. Glad Pardew gave the young-uns a run out, all of them did very well today.

Balls, man - random post. Hughton gave plenty of opportunities to the youngsters.

If it was Hughton we'd have seen Smith, Kuqi and Ranger (in that order) from the bench. Glad Pardew gave the young-uns a run out, all of them did very well today.

Balls, man - random post. Hughton gave plenty of opportunities to the youngsters.

Move on ffs, its irrelevant.

Assume this is directed at Pilko as well?

Assume this is directed at Pilko as well?

Yep. Don't see the point in speculating on hypothetical substitutions in hindsight of what's gone on. Can't fault what I saw today. Jonas off the front was great and the subs were fine.

Pardew seems commited to give the youths of the club a chance. I'm rather pleased about that. Hope he sends a few out on a loan. And keeps blooding a few during next season.

he seems keen to see more of Lua Lua. That puts him up in my estimation. Lua might turn out to be shite, but he's got something which suggests there might be an exciting player in there.

It was good to see him giving the kids game time when he could have been tempted to bring Kuqi and Smith on.  All 4 kids have a future here, Smith and Kuqi shouldn't.