Alan Pardew

JH

The top managers usually go to the top clubs or those who are willing to pay very silly money. One bad move to a unstable club and it could end their career.

We take a gamble (one I wasn't happy with) we far exceed expectations despite playing the worst football ever apparently and some are looking to upgrade despite the long list of s*** managers we have had since 2004 (barring Hughton really).

Forgetting Souness, Allardyce (touted by HTT as better than Pardew), Roeder, Kinnear etc..

Managerial appointments often go very wrong, not sure why some want to change up when we have one going good. Living is a fantasy land of a mass of quality football managers desperate to have a go with us.

As i said if we find a replacement for Pardew, he must be a top manager if not dont risk the transition period. We have being through many s*** managers since Bobby but not one has being a top manager. Still waiting for the club to open to eyes really.  Didier Claude Deschamps actually made some real position comments when we had the position available, and look who we go on and employ.

What suggests Deshamps would've be in any way an improvement like?

Any suggestions he wouldn't had done a better job?

Well for one, all those clamoring for Ben Arfa to be our main man could forget that one straight away :lol:

I'd just like to know what qualifies him ahead of Pardew? You brought him up, now back it up.

I suppose if you always need something to moan about you may as well appoint a manager who is going to make a decision you won't like  :laugh:

The top managers usually go to the top clubs or those who are willing to pay very silly money. One bad move to a unstable club and it could end their career.

We take a gamble (one I wasn't happy with) we far exceed expectations despite playing the worst football ever apparently and some are looking to upgrade despite the long list of s*** managers we have had since 2004 (barring Hughton really).

Forgetting Souness, Allardyce (touted by HTT as better than Pardew), Roeder, Kinnear etc..

Managerial appointments often go very wrong, not sure why some want to change up when we have one going good. Living is a fantasy land of a mass of quality football managers desperate to have a go with us.

As i said if we find a replacement for Pardew, he must be a top manager if not dont risk the transition period. We have being through many s*** managers since Bobby but not one has being a top manager. Still waiting for the club to open to eyes really.  Didier Claude Deschamps actually made some real position comments when we had the position available, and look who we go on and employ.

Realistically though, who else could possibly work under the conditions Ashley has set?

Jamie and the magic f***ing torch the way this lad is going on :lol:

Find a manager who doesn't need a transition period? Keegan is the only person I can see capable of that and I can't see him coming back any time soon.

Read the post, if not for a top class manager ( who would have a better chance or likely to get it right) or dont risk another average manager through another transitition

Every manager, be it a top class one or an average one, has to go through a transitional period at a new club (that is, he has get to know the players already at the club; bring in his own personnel/get rid of people from the old regimel if need be - essentially it's a massive shake up/new era/new style etc).

f***ing hell :lol:

Funny how i can get slack for something that could go both ways. Is he a shit manager? Have you currently seen his clubs play football?

Let's appoint Mike Bassett, on the one hand he is a fictional manager but on the other hand his fictional England side did ok in the end. Could go both ways I suppose :dontknow:

Guest Dontooner

Well for one, all those clamoring for Ben Arfa to be our main man could forget that one straight away :lol:

I'd just like to know what qualifies him ahead of Pardew? You brought him up, now back it up.

If you are a stats person, look it up. If you are a football person watch the current team he manages. I dont give two sticks on HBA, as i am aware of their history. I brought him up because he was interested in managing Newcastle at some point. Dont know how concrete his interest was but he had some real good positive comments. Just saying it is indeed possible to get some decent managers if they are available.

Realistically though, who else could possibly work under the conditions Ashley has set?

Find a manager who doesn't need a transition period? Keegan is the only person I can see capable of that and I can't see him coming back any time soon.

Read the post, if not for a top class manager ( who would have a better chance or likely to get it right) or dont risk another average manager through another transitition

Every manager, be it a top class one or an average one, has to go through a transitional period at a new club (that is, he has get to know the players already at the club; bring in his own personne/get rid of people from the old regimel if need be - essentially it's a massive shake up/new era/new style etc).

You silly boy, quality manager = instant, guaranteed success. It's how logic works.

Every manager, be it a top class one or an average one, has to go through a transitional period at a new club (that is, he has get to know the players already at the club; bring in his own personne/get rid of people from the old regimel if need be - essentially it's a massive shake up/new era/new style etc).

You silly boy, quality manager = instant, guaranteed success. It's how logic works.

Ooops, silly me indeed! D'oh!

Guest Dontooner

Well i guess it has never happen in the history of football. I am so native. not bother to have a discussion over your allegations.

Imo The role of the manager plays too big a part to be ignore long term and if someone clearly better than Pardew comes along and is Willing to join us. Why not? But its seems impossible to some that a rare thing like that might actually materialize.

Pardew's doing a really good job so it's mad to want to get rid of him. Think even HTT would agree it would be foolish to try and replace him right now - would do nothing but add to more instability when what we need is a few years of steady improvement. Our owner is also highly erratic and idiosyncratic, which means he's a problem waiting to blow up for most managers, even someone as placid and diplomatic as Hughton - but thankfully Pardew has his ear, for now at least, so we should take advantage of that. We've also got an improving scouting set-up and a basic idea to blood youngsters and Pardew seems to buy into some of that - why disrupt things that are going smoothly? Also, does anyone really trust Mike and Derek to identify the right replacement?

Saying all that I don't think he's "massively overachieved" as some have said - a good job yes, but i think Liverpool are the only side better than us who we're above in the league, and we were after all an unprofessional 45 mins away from finishing 8th last year. I'd be disappointed if Everton, Stoke, the mackems, Norwich or Villa etc were above us. I thought Everton would be at the start of the season, but it's pretty clear now that they're not as good as they have been for the past few years. I reckon 7th is about our natural level right now, so 6th is overachievement, but not massively so. Of course Pardew deserves some credit for helping structure the squad we have though it's unclear the extent to which ins and outs were his doing.

On top of that there are a few issues about his management, the bad to go with the good - even Robson and Keegan had much publicised weak spots. Arguing that they don't exist because we're 6th is stupid, though not as much as people saying he's all bad or merely another Souness.

Well i guess it has never happen in the history of football. I am so native. not bother to have a discussion over your allegations.

Imo The role of the manager plays too big a part to be ignore long term and if someone clearly better than Pardew comes along and is Willing to join us. Why not? But its seems impossible to some that a rare thing like that might actually materialize.

I guess a manager has never struggled/failed to fit in at a club either, you are the one talking about the importance of a manager immediately transitioning into a club.

The point is why risk a manager who is exceeding expectations and doing better than any manager we have had in 6-7 years in the hope someone who has never managed in this league will do better?

Guest Dontooner

Lets talk football instead, are we much better under Pardew than Hughton. Put the prospective that we have improve and better players now. I would like to hear a strong basis of support with whats happening on the pitch.

Pardew's doing a really good job so it's mad to want to get rid of him. Think even HTT would agree it would be foolish to try and replace him right now - would do nothing but add to more instability when what we need is a few years of steady improvement. Our owner is also highly erratic and idiosyncratic, which means he's a problem waiting to blow up for most managers, even someone as placid and diplomatic as Hughton - but thankfully Pardew has his ear, for now at least, so we should take advantage of that. We've also got an improving scouting set-up and a basic idea to blood youngsters and Pardew seems to buy into some of that - why disrupt things that are going smoothly? Also, does anyone really trust Mike and Derek to identify the right replacement?

Saying all that I don't think he's "massively overachieved" as some have said - a good job yes, but i think Liverpool are the only side better than us who we're above in the league, and we were after all an unprofessional 45 mins away from finishing 8th last year. I'd be disappointed if Everton, Stoke, the mackems, Norwich or Villa etc were above us. I thought Everton would be at the start of the season, but it's pretty clear now that they're not as good as they have been for the past few years. I reckon 7th is about our natural level right now, so 6th is overachievement, but not massively so. Of course Pardew deserves some credit for helping structure the squad we have though it's unclear the extent to which ins and outs were his doing.

On top of that there are a few issues about his management, the bad to go with the good - even Robson and Keegan had much publicised weak spots. Arguing that they don't exist because we're 6th is stupid, though not as much as people saying he's all bad or merely another Souness.

A very well thought out, reasonable post :thup:

You big gay.

Always thought Deschamps was pretty average tbh. Comes across like a dick too.

If for some reason Pardew left tomorrow i'd like us to take a look at Brendan Rodgers. Reckon Owen Coyle wouldn't be a bad shout either, even though Bolton have fallen off the edge of the world this season.

Lets ignore the actual results/league table, are we doing significantly better than we were under the manager the majority liked?

Fyp.

I loved Hughton very, very much but our performances under both were similar. There was a bit of stick for Hughton not being able to beat the weaker side and I seem to remember a few murmurs of discontent when we were under the cosh.

Guest Dontooner

I guess a manager has never struggled/failed to fit in at a club either, you are the one talking about the importance of a manager immediately transitioning into a club.

The point is why risk a manager who is exceeding expectations and doing better than any manager we have had in 6-7 years in the hope someone who has never managed in this league will do better?

Repeat my post clearly better than Pardew ( Apart from Van gaal have no one in mind now), Didi Deschamps brought up only because he showed interest in the job many years ago and we went on to employed Sam Allardyce. ( Not sure about which shit manager it was)

Said Pardew can stay to prove himself that he can lead us consistently higher. But not confident abut his football and tactics. If a clearly better manager, and all the stars line up , Why Not. Good Managers are not available on the market for long periods just like players are. Its also the right time and opportunities .

I dunno like, Alan Scott Pardew may not have changed the style as much as he likes to think but there's no denying results have been much better than they were under Christopher William Gerard Hughton and he's certainly an improvement on previous managers such as Joseph Patrick Kinnear and Glenn Victor Roeder.

Guest Dontooner

Lets ignore the actual results/league table, are we doing significantly better than we were under the manager the majority liked?

Fyp.

I loved Hughton very, very much but our performances under both were similar. There was a bit of stick for Hughton not being able to beat the weaker side and I seem to remember a few murmurs of discontent when we were under the cosh.

Adding the prospective that we have improve players especially Ba which is so very important for his finishes i reckon we might actually tread quite close to where we are. "maybe" 2 -3 places from 6th, just stating Pardew isnt a clear mark improvement if we have better players.

I dunno like, Alan Scott Pardew may not have changed the style as much as he likes to think but there's no denying results have been much better than they were under Christopher William Gerard Hughton and he's certainly an improvement on previous managers such as Joseph Patrick Kinnear and Glenn Victor Roeder.

:lol: :clap:

Guest Dontooner

Wanted to discuss football, once again very little input, many random stuff. I got to stop trying really...bitter waste of effort..i will stop now and join the Pardew Wagon. Make way.

Fyp.

Adding the prospective that we have improve players especially Ba which is so very important for his finishes i reckon we might actually tread quite close to where we are. "maybe" 2 -3 places from 6th, just stating Pardew isnt a clear mark improvement if we have better players.

You should add the perspective that not all managers wouldve signed Ba in the first place. The debate is laughable.

:lol:

I think Shak has come into this thread and dismantled the anti Pardew agenda with one well constructed post. Cap doffed to him.

Considering where we are after what's gone on in the last few years...and people are still unhappy? It's genuinely laughable. It's not enough now to just win games....we must win with fabulous football. How many teams achieve this? Nobody will tell me that Manchester City serve up wondrous stuff, but f***ing hell I wish we were as effective.

I seem to remember Shak dismantling the anti Souness agenda not too long before Souness was sacked.

In my defense, I was off my face on drugs pretty much all the time back then.