Agent: Newcastle 'not an option' for Martin Jol

Mick

Please God. It wouldn't forgive the ridiculous sacking of Hughton, but i've always had time for Jol in spite of his Spurs connections. It'd make today's farcical events easier to bare.

Has Jol ever performed on a shoe-string budget?

Bound to happen. Jol is desperate for a job in the Premiership and fits Ashley's mould of a manager who can work with a DoF, blooding youngsters into the squad. These two sackings/resignations happening within the space of a few hours is too much of a coincidence for it not to be true.

Please God. It wouldn't forgive the ridiculous sacking of Hughton, but i've always had time for Jol in spite of his Spurs connections. It'd make today's farcical events easier to bare.

Has Jol ever performed on a shoe-string budget?

You would thought that MA would give him some decent money to spend, well this is Ashley I know but would Jol take the job otherwise?

My guess is that Jol resigning is tied in with the Hughton sacking, I'm not convinced that we've made an approach.  I just think he fancies the job and this is way of saying “Come and get me.”

Bound to happen. Jol is desperate for a job in the Premiership and fits Ashley's mould of a manager who can work with a DoF, blooding youngsters into the squad. These two sackings/resignations happening within the space of a few hours is too much of a coincidence for it not to be true.

Jol leaving has been on the cards for a while though, apparently. Though you should know more about that than me. :D

Jol leaving has been on the cards for a while though, apparently. Though you should know more about that than me. :D

There has indeed been talk over here in Holland of Jol leaving for weeks. He has been complaining about not being able to take the club further without funds to strengthen the squad in January and results have been pretty dire, so he was under pressure.

unfortunately I think its a total coincidence.  Hasn't won with Ajax for a while, supposed inside unrest.

It might force MA into a rethink, but I highly doubt it.

I can tell you one thing about Jol that he is quite well known for in Holland: he will not walk out of a job giving up on the dosh it brings in, not without a very good reason to do so (i.e. another job lined up).