Agent: Newcastle 'not an option' for Martin Jol

Mick

I want to believe that Jol is gonna be our new manager (that'd show some sense in Ashley's thinking) but then I remember this is Mike Ashley we're talking about!

yeah so its more likely Shaun Ryder

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Are people really expecting this to happen, or just chewing the fat? I mean, I'd hate to think that a massive let down was coming to rain down on the parade.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Only just got in and heard. I love Jol, actually love him. What odds him hiring Hughton as no2 as well!?

Nil.

Ashley went for Redknapp who'll have wanted mega cash. Keegan too I'd wager was on a fair whack. Wages isn't an issue IMO, it's what he'll likely want to spend.

Also went for Houllier too. Agreed.

Are people really expecting this to happen, or just chewing the fat? I mean, I'd hate to think that a massive let down was coming to rain down on the parade.

I'm not getting excited, it would really hurt me if I started to believe it and it didn't happen.

It's better to live in a 'What if?' land, then to contemplate what we actually have to come.

Jol did excellent last season btw, finishing 2nd by one point.

27 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats. 106 goals for, 20 against.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eredivisie_2009%E2%80%9310#League_table

That's not excellent for Ajax though, especially when it's Twente who've beaten you rather than another big club like PSV. Not far off Rangers coming second to Hibs.

Bollocks man, Twente had an absolutely ridiculous season. Any other year that would have been more than enough to lift the title. Look at their GD ffs :lol:

Edit: It's also worth noting that Ajax haven't won the title since '04.

Don't see why it's mental to think it isn't possible.

He wanted to go to Fulham. Despite all the shit we probably still remain a more promising club to take over than Fulham.

Of course you have to factor in Ashley's spacker levels but it could happen..... :undecided: