Agent: Newcastle 'not an option' for Martin Jol

Mick

Guest GAMMELL

can see this turning into something similar to the ben arfa thread over the next few days!

Victor Moses thread more like, because we will not end up that prick Pardew

Ashley was paying Keegan a fair bit wasn't he? Don't think he'd be adverse to paying an established manager well. Jol also happily worked under the director of football role at Tottenham too, and I think Ashley still wants control over the buying a of players despite what he says.

Frank De Boer has taken the Ajax job btw.

Sounds like Ajax were prepared for this event then.

From the Beeb:

"We started something last summer that I would have finished but I have come to realise that the expectations after last season were too high.

"We cannot meet such expectations. The amount of criticism that the club has had to endure daily has led to unrest in the club and among players.

"I take this decision consciously before AC Milan v Ajax is played. The coming weeks are very important and I sincerely hope that something happens in the squad to make it in the short term a winning team."

Former Netherlands defender Frank de Boer will take temporary charge at Ajax until the winter break.

Source close to Ashley tells me he'd be "surprised" if Jol was new NU boss-doesn't mean not contender-but he'd want way more £ than Hughton

You'd like to think they realise a manager with "more experience" will cost more money. :undecided:

Thing is, we're at the point now where nothing they say or do can be talked about with anything approaching normal logic. It all just defies sense, it's like every decision is calculated to be as insane and damaging as possible.

Ashley was paying Keegan a fair bit wasn't he? Don't think he'd be adverse to paying an established manager well. Jol also happily worked under the director of football role at Tottenham too, and I think Ashley still wants control over the buying a of players despite what he says.

Yeah, but I think his attitude to us has changed since he hired Keegan. You know, the protests and relegation etc. etc.

Jol did excellent last season btw, finishing 2nd by one point.

27 wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats. 106 goals for, 20 against.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eredivisie_2009%E2%80%9310#League_table

That's not excellent for Ajax though, especially when it's Twente who've beaten you rather than another big club like PSV. Not far off Rangers coming second to Hibs.

The fella was going to jack in the Ajax job in the summer for Fulham ffs!!! So him wanting to come to NUFC would not surprise me in the slightest.

Only dobut is Paul Kemsley was the one who forced the sacking of Jol at Spurs & he is one of Ashleys best mates.

He's in America now and think he did a lot/most/all of his dosh on Lehmans

Source close to Ashley tells me he'd be "surprised" if Jol was new NU boss-doesn't mean not contender-but he'd want way more £ than Hughton

Somebody else making claims from a supposed source.

@JJSoenarto » Hearing from a good source that Martin Jol is likely to take over at Newcastle but he's definitely not the only candidate.

The fella was going to jack in the Ajax job in the summer for Fulham ffs!!! So him wanting to come to NUFC would not surprise me in the slightest.

Only dobut is Paul Kemsley was the one who forced the sacking of Jol at Spurs & he is one of Ashleys best mates.

He's in America now and think he did a lot/most/all of his dosh on Lehmans

So are you going to be our manager then or not?

I want to believe that Jol is gonna be our new manager (that'd show some sense in Ashley's thinking) but then I remember this is Mike Ashley we're talking about!