John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest Howaythetoon

He is right in what he says mind, even those Geordies who do not follow football or care for it, know how well we are doing or not and indeed wish us well, and that is what seperates us from other footballing cities, towns or areas. My own mother is a classic example, she could name perhaps 2-3 of our players and has only ever saw us play once live at SJP I think, but she will always say to me 'fingers crossed for a win son' or comment on us, usually some tripe like 'useless gits drew again I see', and its the same all over. Take one of the older gadgies who works for me, when you mention NUFC or footy in general they are all overpaid mercenaries, the Toon although doing well, will fall flat on their face etc. but his ring tone is Coming Home Newcastle, his phone screensaver thing a NUFC badge and the rear window of his car houses a NUFC scarf and this a man who hasn't been to a game in decades.

Just watched Backroom Battle for this week, Woody reckons when Chelsea moaned about Krul time wasting, Carver said to them (while pulling 'a face') "I seem to remember you lot doing the same against Barcelona last week" and they all just backed down.  :lol:

EDIT: Woody also claiming he spent an hour and a half on the training ground with Cisse 1-to-1 and taught him how to hit it like that.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do adore our principle backroom boys in Stone Carver and in particular Woodman, great that the everyone involved in the team player coach manager whatever is so likeable :aww:

They seem to all have really good attributes for coaches, very hard workers but always got a twinkle in their eye and game for a laugh.

carver, woodman and stone together seem to be the new "TERRY MAC" but with coaching qualities

How do you know Terry Mac never had good coaching qualities?

Love Carver like.

You know how the Nazi's liked their aryans to be blone haired and blue eyes? Well if there was a Geordie "ideal", it would be Carver.

I read the other day that Mourinho likes to have as his number two someone who has deep roots with the club, and Pardew is a big fan of Mourinho's ideas. It's bound to add an extra dimension to the atmosphere around the training ground.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I agree with it, personally. Should always have someone who knows the club involved on the coaching staff.

Just watched Backroom Battle for this week, Woody reckons when Chelsea moaned about Krul time wasting, Carver said to them (while pulling 'a face') "I seem to remember you lot doing the same against Barcelona last week" and they all just backed down.  :lol:

EDIT: Woody also claiming he spent an hour and a half on the training ground with Cisse 1-to-1 and taught him how to hit it like that.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

• 2 years later...