Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

Being in Europe again, even if it's FK Whothefuk from Armenia, would just be awesome. Merely considering it makes me feel giddy, so I think it's better to not contemplate it after every win.

Man, midweek evening kickoffs against FC whothefuck are the best part of Europe.

the fact we're even talking the remote possibility of europe shows what a fun season this has been tbh

Indeed! It would be serious fun if we qualified for Europe. That could potentially be a groundbreaking moment for the club: We got money to spend, and will get another windfall if we survive the group stages of the tournament. Also the European spot enables us to compete for the best prospects.. *bulge*

I refuse to get excited about this even though us qualifying is not beyond the realms of possibility. People will call us deluded talking about it but it's their to be won and we are in an about the teams fighting for it so why not.

Why would we be called deluded? We're 2 points behind 7th which will probably get you there.

I refuse to get excited about this even though us qualifying is not beyond the realms of possibility. People will call us deluded talking about it but it's their to be won and we are in an about the teams fighting for it so why not.

Why would we be called deluded? We're 2 points behind 7th which will probably get you there.

I always get the impression this is what everyone outside of Newcastle thinks, they probably had a right to think that in our past few premier league seasons but I'd say everyone is a bit more cautious and level headed, dare to dream eh

I always get the impression this is what everyone outside of Newcastle thinks, they probably had a right to think that in our past few premier league seasons but I'd say everyone is a bit more cautious and level headed, dare to dream eh

We could well be seventh this time next week, it's not even about dreaming, it's about showing a bit of faith and ambition.

People criticise the board for not being ambitious enough, but it's okay for fans to be chronically negative and not even dare to talk about winning the next game, which could move us up to a European spot? Sorry, but that does not sit right with me.

Sorry but I don't think any fan doesn't want their team to challenge for anything and everything and for them to be successful, I'm not saying we can't finish 7th but I like to keep stum nowadays. I'm quietly confident in my team and I know what they can achieve I just have no expectations other than staying up so I (hopefully) can't be let down but can be overly pleased/ surprised of anything more than that. No biggy we all know what our teams capable of.

Basically if we stay up it's job done, if we finish in the top 10 it's an awesome season, and if we qualify for Europe it's outstanding.

We could do it, we probably won't, but I'm just looking forward to seeing how the end of the season pans out.

:thup:

When we got relegated i dreamed that someday we would be playing European football again and that when it came about i would not take it for granted, like last time, when we were playing "FC Whothefuks" on thursday nights.

Someday i hope to finish work and have my mate ring me and ask if fancy going to match and experiance that special St James Park European football again. Anyone who has been will know what i mean when i take about those mild but dark European nights on Tyneside, bloody magic.

Not what I've heard. Set of deluded cunts apparently.

When we got relegated i dreamed that someday we would be playing European football again and that when it came about i would not take it for granted, like last time, when we were playing "FC Whothefuks" on thursday nights.

Someday i hope to finish work and have my mate ring me and ask if fancy going to match and experiance that special St James Park European football again. Anyone who has been will know what i mean when i take about those mild but dark European nights on Tyneside, bloody magic.

:smitten:

I've said in the past I wouldn't really want European qualification but had a change of heart over the past couple weeks. Would love a Glenn Roeder style march on 7th place as the season closes. That season was great; pipping Fat Sam at the post in the race for Europe courtesy of a Shambles volley v Chelsea on the last day. :smitten:

Obviously its a long shot, but if we were to win our home games against Bolton, Wolves, Brum and WBA then it wouldn't be completely out of the question! As I said, it's a long shot but with the way things have gone this season who knows. Besides, were due a bit of luck....surely.

Not what I've heard. Set of deluded c***s apparently.

I don't hear many people call us deluded - not people I'd take seriously anyway, just a couple of journalists looking for easy copy and the half wits who actually believe what said journalists say.

Not many real fans or football people would say we're deluded and any way I think it was more the "messiah complex" thing that we were accused of.

Basically if we stay up it's job done, if we finish in the top 10 it's an awesome season, and if we qualify for Europe it's outstanding.

We could do it, we probably won't, but I'm just looking forward to seeing how the end of the season pans out.

:thup:

I don't think we'll do it and frankly I won't be too bothered this season as staying up is the real target.

That said had it not been for a few bad decisions/late equalisers/unlucky injuries we could well have made it this season, but I guess a few other clubs' fans will say the same.

Over the season there's only been a handful of poor performances (Bolton,WBA,Stoke,Wigan (h), Fulham (a)) and we've seldom been dominated. That's got to be very encouraging and with better luck and some decent acquisitions we could be worth a flutter next season.

Not what I've heard. Set of deluded c***s apparently.

I don't hear many people call us deluded - not people I'd take seriously anyway, just a couple of journalists looking for easy copy and the half wits who actually believe what said journalists say.

Not many real fans or football people would say we're deluded and any way I think it was more the "messiah complex" thing that we were accused of.

And we can't be the only ones accused of a "messiah complex" when Liverpool fans fawn over Dalglish and Man United harp on about King Eric