Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

Guest Wearside

Don't see why Newcastle can't challenge for Europe and strange that a lot of your fans are dismissing it out of hand,other than possibility Liverpool I don't see too many other teams making a challenge,6th and 7th spots are there for the taking(providing they get you into Europe that is).

UEFA Club Rankings 2010/2011

Why are Middlesbrough(55) higher than Newcastle(64)  :icon_scratch:

http://eurorivals.net/club-rankings.html

Does anyone else find that whole ranking system a bit odd? When Inter won it last year they got a coefficient of 34.09, the year before Barca won it and got a coefficient of 28.66, lower than what they got for reaching the semi final a year later and lower than Shakhtar who won the UEFA cup in the same year. Doesn't really make sense.

Newcastle United Newcastle United 2.89 20.33 3.58 3.00 3.59 33.37

why they give you points when you arent in europe?

SOmething to do with league finishes and domestic cups?

if so why is 05 season lower than our relegation year??  I assume following year is our intertoto cup win.

wow Monaco Monaco  ranked at 95, how the mighty have fallen!

UEFA Club Rankings 2010/2011

Why are Middlesbrough(55) higher than Newcastle(64)  :icon_scratch:

http://eurorivals.net/club-rankings.html

Does anyone else find that whole ranking system a bit odd? When Inter won it last year they got a coefficient of 34.09, the year before Barca won it and got a coefficient of 28.66, lower than what they got for reaching the semi final a year later and lower than Shakhtar who won the UEFA cup in the same year. Doesn't really make sense.

Think it's got to do with various things such as quality of opponents in said CL run, league finish, domestic cup shit and so on. In no way am I certain, I'm just assuming.

If (and it's a big "If") we managed to qualify for Europe would you attend the matches?

Even when we were in the Champions League the ground was rarely full.

I would love us to qualify for Europe as it brings in more money for the club and makes attracting better players easier. Having said that, the games themselves don't seem to have much more attraction to the home fans than any other cup.

If (and it's a big "If") we managed to qualify for Europe would you attend the matches?

Even when we were in the Champions League the ground was rarely full.

I would love us to qualify for Europe as it brings in more money for the club and makes attracting better players easier. Having said that, the games themselves don't seem to have much more attraction to the home fans than any other cup.

I used to love European nights at SJP. You can get decent seats, there's no pretence from the regulars, the only downside is the drunken chavs comes out to play.

For me much more fun than the league though that's probably a personal thing as with the league im always uptight about the result whereas in europe i just enjoy the night.

Guest neesy111

Personally I love the craic with international away fans when they come to Barcelona. I usually sit close to the away end just for that (well, and the fact it's the cheapest part of the stadium :D)

Yeah, i was next to the Mallorca fans at Camp Nou.  Was good to see the banter between the fans.

some of the first games I went to were in European competitions. I'd love to see us getting back up there.

However, looking at the teams around us and their form I'd say it's not something we're likely to achieve this year. Should be a definite target for next season though.

I think we'll finish 9th.

• 2 weeks later...