SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

N'Zogbia today is a completely different player from the N'Zogbia we had, but feel free to continue your hindsight orgy.

It wasn't hindsight, some of us knew he'd be a good player.

While I'd like him, I don't understand the clamour for him. Why'd he come back here? Why'd we spend cash on a player we'd previously sold?

and he looked especially happy when he scored against us at SJP. Not quite as much as that twat Duff was showing when he scored, but he still looked delighted to get one over us nonetheless.

Don't think he gives a toss about NUFC.

If I was getting booed I'd stick up the fans too tbh.

In that case, why would he come back?

N'Zogbia today is a completely different player from the N'Zogbia we had, but feel free to continue your hindsight orgy.

Well, those of us without psychic powers are wrong sometimes.

He's only going off what the manager said.

He should know better. The manager was motivating him during a position change as we had no one else capable of covering for Enrique. To say he's never going to be a winger under Pardew was mental and proven within one game.  :lol:

Simmer down. The victory comment was tongue in cheek.

Anyhow, fucking hope we sign him. Please go down, Wigan.

While I'd like him, I don't understand the clamour for him. Why'd he come back here? Why'd we spend cash on a player we'd previously sold?

and he looked especially happy when he scored against us at SJP. Not quite as much as that twat Duff was showing when he scored, but he still looked delighted to get one over us nonetheless.

Don't think he gives a toss about NUFC.

If I was getting booed I'd stick up the fans too tbh.

In that case, why would he come back?

Because we're a better club than Wigan & he probably still has connections in the area so it'd be an 'easy' move for him. FWIW I think he'll be able to get a move to someone better than us. He's a foreign footballer, he's in the country to earn his cash not to bleed for a particular club.

Did Wigan ever play him at LB? He's spent his entire time in midfield?

Once.

Well there you go.

Plus the Duff shit that Felipao mentioned.

They guy Wigan had today was available to us for years.

Though I always rated him, I do think he's a better player now - but that's because of game time in a position that clearly seems to suit him.

My concern would be whether or not he has done particularly great there because of the relative lack of pressure. Big fish in a small pond etc.

It doesn't take psychic powers, you just need to be able to see talent when it's staring you in the face.

Anyone who couldn't see that he had it in him to be a quality player after his first year in the team for us is a bit thick tbh.

It doesn't take psychic powers, you just need to be able to see talent when it's staring you in the face.

Right, when it's staring you in the face having stagnated for two seasons, put in a transfer request for three consecutive windows, and gone on strike.

He's a good player and I'd have him back with some reservations but I hate how some people are so quick to forget what went down. His behavior was disgraceful and he does not get a free pass just because "we signed Damien Duff and played him at left back sometimes."

Though I always rated him, I do think he's a better player now - but that's because of game time in a position that clearly seems to suit him.

My concern would be whether or not he has done particularly great there because of the relative lack of pressure. Big fish in a small pond etc.

Some of our managers treated him like shit which was hardly going to bring the best out of him.  Spending a third of a transfer windows budget on Duff was moronic and held him back just as he was coming good.

Right, when it's staring you in the face having stagnated for two seasons, put in a transfer request for three consecutive windows, and gone on strike.

He's a good player and I'd have him back with some reservations but I hate how some people are so quick to forget what went down. His behavior was disgraceful and he does not get a free pass just because "we signed Damien Duff and played him at left back sometimes."

We didn't need to sign Duff and we didn't need to play N'Zogbia in defence.

Come to think of it, wasn't N'Zogbia cited as part of the problem when we had a terrible morale problem in the dressing room? Why would you willingly want to bring that sort of cancer back into the club?

Come to think of it, wasn't N'Zogbia cited as part of the problem when we had a terrible morale problem in the dressing room? Why would you willingly want to bring that sort of cancer back into the club?

What was he like in the dressing room?

We didn't need to sign Duff and we didn't need to play N'Zogbia in defence.

So because we signed Damien Duff and played him out of position a couple times his actions are justified?

The dressing room's been ripped to pieces since then, though. Not to cite Owen as the main reason for N'Zogbia's demise here, but if you're a bit of a cunt and Michael Owen's your captain and influence - there's no surprise the lad didn't improve his behaviour. I think it'd be a different kettle of fish this time round. Plus i think he'd absolutely flourish playing in a midfield with Jonas, Tiote and Ben Arfa.

So because we signed Damien Duff and played him out of position a couple times his actions are justified?

What actions?

Clearly you've selectively erased things for your memory so we've got nothing to talk about here.

Clearly you've selectively erased things for your memory so we've got nothing to talk about here.

I'm not going to second guess what you're on about.  What actions?

Now N'Zogbia has now scored five goals in his last five games he'll be thinking Arsenal will be wanting him again. If I had a pound for every story I read where Arsenal were supposed to be interested in N'Zogbia (but somehow never managed to get him even though Wigan did) I'd be rich!

he's improved massively - actually think he's good enough for a top 4 side now. he's also upped his game in the past few weeks, which is a good sign regarding his ability to self-motivate and turn up for big games.

also the closest thing wigan have to a leader. clearly that says more about wigan's lack of team spirit and leadership, but it's also testament to how he's matured because you would never have imagined him being that sort of player when he was with us.

:omg: