Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest kingdawson

Kaboul is very good imo. He's become a fan favourite too from his performances since returning.

Pace = hell yes

Strength = hell yes

Aerial ability = hell yes

Physicality = Hell yes

He suffers from lapses of concentration though (much less frequesnt since returning). That's his biggest weakness but other then that he's very good. Can you rely on him to remain consistant 38 games of the season? probably not but it really depends who he's partnered with (is Colo reliable?).

Guest kingdawson

Hello no thanks.

eh? i don't want you to get him and i doubt he'd want to leave us anyway.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Here are my predictions for what they are worth:

. We will spend a maximum of 10 million pounds more for the entire window.

. That will be on a forward and either a free transfer or a cheap left back. Neil Taylor will not be signed.

. Smith and Barton will see out the remaining year of their contracts as no offers will come in.

. Enrique will be sold for 4 million max, as the window closes.

. Best will stay, Lovenkrands released, Ranger, Routledge, Foster sold collectively for 5 million.

. Richardson, Airey, Inman, Lua Lua and S.Ameobi loaned out, Vuckic, Kadar, Tavernier promoted to senior squad.

. Gosling and Barton will fight oout the right wing position, Marveaux and Jonas, the left.

. MA will pay approximately 30 million pounds off the club debt from transfer moneys received, including the AC money and if necessary some funds will be made available in January, but not much.

.If the club survives next season, the debt will have significantly diminished and MA will either sell the club at a big profit in the summer of 2012 or give the manager significant funds to upgrade the side further.

. Pardew will NOT see 2011/12 season out.

People talk as if the Carroll money is all that United have taken in in recent years.

Well Newcastle have made transfer £49,550,000 profit over the last five years.

In addition this season we have the new TV deal, the new kit deal sponsorship deal as well as being the 3rd best supported team in the top flight.

I think we should aspire to setting our sights higher than being better than Wigan.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

Dunno how long it is since Richards played at centre back and if he's even as good there, but in theory him and Coloccini could be amazing. I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't even enquire.

Dunno how long it is since Richards played at centre back and if he's even as good there, but in theory him and Coloccini could be amazing. I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't even enquire.

Good call. It would be similar to a Colo/Bramble partnership, which while both players can provide the odd gaffe, as a partnership they would gel very well IMO.

Hoping we will sign Papiss Cisse we have been linked with him (skysports), he was scoring for fun last year in Germany in a poor team. He's just what we need quick, creative and can score shed loads of goals. Fulham are sniffing around and Blackburn have offered £12m he seems to be holding out for someone better though (please let that be us). He's close to international team mate Demba Ba which has to help our cause plus he has stated he is open to a move to the Premiership.

Get Zoggy as well and our team goes from a tophalf team to a team really challenging for Europe then:

Harper

Simpson   Taylor   Colo   Enrique

Zoggy     Tiote    Cabaye  Ben Arfa

Cisse    Ba

We have a good Bench then too to cover us for injuries/suspensions etc:  Krul, Willi, Kadar/Guthrie/Gosling, Marveux, Barton, Jonas,Shola

This is about as good as we realistically are going to get optimistically speaking. With some real strength and more depth to our squad. At the moment the player i would most hate to lose would be Ba as we haven't got another quality striker, but bring in Cisse and we could put Ben arfa behing him. Our options just open up. If we get a quality striker plus Zoggy Ok we are a little light at the back but Tiote would be impossible to replace. Ben Arfa is the one alot of us can't wait to see again.

Ok it means Ashley forking our around £12m which is a tad hopefull but hopefully not beyond us + £6m to £9m ish for Zoggy.

I think i'd completely forgive him if he managed this. As at least on paper our team/squad would not have looked so good for quite some time.