Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Mentioned it earlier, but I am sure I read that Arnautovic was available.  Can't say I've seen much of him - is he just not worth the trouble?  I know he was being talked up as a great prospect.

Mentioned it earlier, but I am sure I read that Arnautovic was available.  Can't say I've seen much of him - is he just not worth the trouble?  I know he was being talked up as a great prospect.

Every time I have read something about Arnautovic, it's been about his discipline problems.

Regarding Pedro León's wages, he's on €2m/year net. Some napkin math says that means around 50k/w.

Footballer wages are always reported after taxes in Spain. You have to take those into account.

€40k week net * .44 (44% being the top tax bracket in Spain) = 17,5k (aprox)

€40k take home + 17,5k taxes = €57,5k gross = 50k pounds/week gross (aprox)

Footballers surely don't pay full taxes on all their pay, though, the tax-dodging buggers.

Footballer wages are always reported after taxes in Spain. You have to take those into account.

Footballers surely don't pay full taxes on all their pay, though, the tax-dodging buggers.

Felipao just got owned.

BOOOOOOOOM!

Felipao just got owned.

:lol:

He would've been closer had he said £60k.

Awful maths.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What happened to Matt Jarvis? Everyone seemed to have a huge wankfest over him earlier this year.

Guest CheickMansour

Anyone know what the deal is with Lukas Podolski? Given his record/ reputation, why is he playing at Koln?

Guest CheickMansour

True. But he's left them before, and you'd expect a German international with almost a 1 in 2 record to be playing in Europe. Nowadays players with his reputation don't usually go back to their home club until near the end of their career.

Anyone know what the deal is with Lukas Podolski? Given his record/ reputation, why is he playing at Koln?

his home town club, aren't they?

Yes.

Been removed the captaincy now, though. You never know, probably he's leaving them again.