Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

finally got round to reading his comments and, in my opinion, what he said was disgraceful. it was totally uncalled for, knowing how sensitive the issue is at the minute. i'm very, very disappointed in him.

also, "when we first heard about it" is on about the bid, rather than the deal being done. at that point, there was still plenty of time to influence carroll - who didnt know what to do and looked to his friend for advice. a friend that sold out and betrayed the people that pay his wages.

so he's went right down in my estimation (tempted to post a keegan pic). has caulkin said anything about this?

Guest neesy111

finally got round to reading his comments and, in my opinion, what he said was disgraceful. it was totally uncalled for, knowing how sensitive the issue is at the minute. i'm very, very disappointed in him.

also, "when we first heard about it" is on about the bid, rather than the deal being done. at that point, there was still plenty of time to influence carroll - who didnt know what to do and looked to his friend for advice. a friend that sold out and betrayed the people that pay his wages.

so he's went right down in my estimation (tempted to post a keegan pic). has caulkin said anything about this?

???

I've been told Caulkin is friends with Nolan, not exactly going to give him bad media isn't he ???

I guess when I read the comments my first thought was "Why?"

On the one hand, he's a Pool fan talking up his good mate to a Pool website with a Pool audience.

On the other hand, he's the captain of a club that has just received the massive blow of losing a once-in-a-generation player. Could it be that this situation has totally disillusioned him and he now thinks of NUFC as a small-time club like the one we bought him from?

Let's face it - he's been here long enough to know what the Toon fans are like, and he's certainly not your typical thick footballer. It's easy to say it was stupid/disgraceful, but old Negative Nancy me reckons Nolan has suddenly realised that he is sailing a ship that has been holed beneath the waterline...

I guess when I read the comments my first thought was "Why?"

On the one hand, he's a Pool fan talking up his good mate to a Pool website with a Pool audience.

On the other hand, he's the captain of a club that has just received the massive blow of losing a once-in-a-generation player. Could it be that this situation has totally disillusioned him and he now thinks of NUFC as a small-time club like the one we bought him from?

Let's face it - he's been here long enough to know what the Toon fans are like, and he's certainly not your typical thick footballer. It's easy to say it was stupid/disgraceful, but old Negative Nancy me reckons Nolan has suddenly realised that he is sailing a ship that has been holed beneath the waterline...

Well i hope he gets fuckin Keel hauled then

What pisses me off most is that i am quite sure that Nolan could have kept Carroll at the club, they are clearly very good friends and as OUR captain he could have said look dont be silly, carry on playing as you are and the big contract will come soon, 18 games until the summer try for it then, and even if there was no asking for a contract and he was forced to leave, Nolan again for the good of the club he captains could have said stand your ground you have 5 years on your contract.

Very let down by Nolan, hes had a great goal scoring season but very poor work from the captain on this one.

^Signature Fail^

Glad to see this topic hasn't been posted in since he apologisedabout his comments.

Like I said In a previous post....it wasn't just a team-mate it was a FRIEND that moved, ifsome people here are selfish enough to believe that iot was for any other reason they should be disgusted with themselves because , if it was me, I would have done exactly the same as KN did.

^Signature Fail^

Glad to see this topic hasn't been posted in since he apologisedabout his comments.

Like I said In a previous post....it wasn't just a team-mate it was a FRIEND that moved, ifsome people here are selfish enough to believe that iot was for any other reason they should be disgusted with themselves because , if it was me, I would have done exactly the same as KN did.

No need to say anything publicly. He should have spoken to Carroll in private.

nolan in telling it like it is shocker. stop being such crying babies.

It'd be like your best mate telling your lass to go with the flash bloke down the road, because he's better looking and got more money than you.

But you'd still be pals, because he's just 'telling it like it is'.  :rolleyes:

The thing I love about this site is that every issue is mentioned, unlike NUFC.com where it's overlooked if it doesn't fit in with their agenda.

^Signature Fail^

When did he apologise?

"If fans don't like it, I apologise," said Nolan.

"It was never meant to affect them. But Liverpool is a great club and everyone knows that."

He added: "There's no-one more disappointed than me.

"Not only have we lost a top player but I've lost a good mate who was very close.

"To be honest, I'm getting quite sick of the whole Andy Carroll saga. I just want to put it to bed.

This is the important bit. Disgraceful.

Not much of an apology. He just shouldn't have said anything in the first place, no matter his personal feelings.

Again, we havent seen Gerrard on ChelseaTV talking about it Torres getting a great move. It would never happen, and quite rightly the Liverpool fans would be up in arms about it.

Footballers these days have such a comprehensive disconnect with supporters that they can barely comprehend why comments like those might be offensive - not just before they make them (which might cause them not to, if they thought about it) but even after they've made them, and it has kicked off.

Nolan's "if fans don't like it, I apologise" line seems to suggest that even now he doesn't "get it" why people might be fucked off.

It's like Houllier saying "if i am going to lose 3-0, I would rather it was against Liverpool, because I like Liverpool" comment after we lost to them earlier in the season.

People in the football industry can't even start to understand why the average match-going punter might get the hump. We're supposed to see things like they do, in their 40k a week dreamworlds.

The entire football apparatus sneers at supporters, whether it be Sky and their skin-creepingly horrible presenters, the players slouching around doing fuck all for life changing sums of money and shrugging things like relegation off like you or I would a headache, or managers with their seeming entitlement to a well paid job on a never ending merry go round of mediocrity - because, frankly, that's what most of them are, mediocre.

There's no point even hoping someone like Nolan would understand why people are upset. He didn't get it before he made the comments, he didn't think that maybe keeping shtum was the best thing to do, and even now he clearly can't see why you're bothered. Frankly, he doesn't give a flying on, and that is the saddest thing of all.

If the fans don't like it, I apologise. :lol:

It's like when my lass says to me "I'm sorry that I upset you".  That's not a fucking apology. :lol:

HANG THE FUCK ON HERE!!!!

You can get your lass to say sorry?

You should be worshiped

nolan in telling it like it is shocker. stop being such crying babies.

It'd be like your best mate telling your lass to go with the flash bloke down the road, because he's better looking and got more money than you.

But you'd still be pals, because he's just 'telling it like it is'.  :rolleyes:

he hasnt said anything wrong. he said he's sad he's gone but happy he's gone to a good club, whats wrong with that? the only thing pissing people off here is they dont want to admit to the truth, liverpool are investing in the future and we're happy staying up and flogging our best players or not paying them what they're worth.

If the fans don't like it, I apologise. :lol:

It's like when my lass says to me "I'm sorry that I upset you".  That's not a f***ing apology. :lol:

Love it how he still manages to say that "Liverpool are a great club" and that it was "a great transfer" a few times despite "apologizing" :lol:

"Sorry to cheat on you with a guy with a big dick, because his dick is very big you know, but I really shouldn't have done it, even though his dick is really big"

FFS man, you're saying that your current club is shit compared to Liverpool and it's better to be there than to be at NUFC. Even if you think it shut the fuck up for the sake of your supporters.