Best High?

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beating the mackems 5-1 was something special, but in terms of a one off high it had to be Tiotes equaliser. The way it was his first goal, the way it went in, that is was the equaliser after being 4-0 down against one of the best teams in the country and then his celebration and the reaction of the crowd. Never felt like I did after that goal before, like.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The 5-1 was amazing, but the way everything panned out yesterday was so exhilaratingly awesome it's right up there

Guest bmoregeordie

i just posted this in the match thread, so apologies for posting it twice, but i'm voting for 4-4, and this is why:

maybe the happiest i've ever been as a newcastle fan.

after losing to single-a stevenage, after two tragic draws where four precious points were given away after the 90' mark, after selling local hero and #9 andy carroll, after ashley/pardew not having anyone else lined up to fill his role, as the speculation begins about the carroll fee going to the owner's gambling habits, as all the pundits start lining up to talk about the drop back down to the championship, after a loss to team below them in the standings, after losing the only striker with any premier league credibility (and it's effing shola ameobi for chrissakes!) left on the side to injury, after going down 4-0 to a team in the hunt for the premiership championship ... at that point i started to feel nauseous, to feel hopeless, to hang my head. but i kept watching.

the heart of the men on the pitch yesterday can not be questioned. i've had a lot of bad things to say about joey barton's character over the years. but since he has gotten settled at newcastle, you cannot question his dedication on the field. he was a true captain yesterday, rallying the troops. kevin nolan, jonas, tiote, best, to a man that side did not give up. they ran and they ran and they ran. they played with an urgency. they never lost faith. even mike williamson - whose name i took in vain time and time again - didn't hang his head.

i know the premier league isn't 100 years old, but no team has ever come back to equalize when down by four goals. and to come back from four down given all that has transpired, all the while the lads are singing their hearts out ... just ... wow, that was one of those times that remind you why you follow sports.

Guest bmoregeordie

Thought this thread was about Leon failing a drugs test.

:lol:

Actually genuinely thought this was going to be a drug related scandal.

i was pleasantly surprised as well.

I actually voted for the Villa game (particularly Barton's goal), as it was just a massive relief that we were able to compete in the division and there was room for optimism.

I'm with you there mate. I voted the Villa match too. The additional part for me was Carroll's hat-trick and that feeling that we had a centre-forward who was going to be a proper threat in the top division.

Tiote's goal is the best individual moment, our big wins were spaced out over 90 minutes!

I generally agree about Villa though, it proved that we could compete and made me feel a lot better about the season. I was worried that we only looked decent last year because the championship is so weak.