Epic NUFC photos

Guest Tall Striker

13 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Injured player watching from the stands?

Not unless he's got a time machine.

Macdonald left us in 1976, Waddle didn't play for anyone until 1978 and didn't sign for us until 1980.

Actually I'm chatting shit, sorry. That photo of MacDonald looks like it's when he was Fulham manager, who he took over in 1980. Sorry. Just looked up the badge on his top.

Edited by Chris_R

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Macdonald left us in 1976, Waddle didn't play for anyone until 1978 and didn't sign for us until 1980.

I think that photo is from 1982 when Super Mac returned as Fulham manager.

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

That's taken on Supermac's return as Fulham manager. 1982ish

Edit: Dancing Brave beat me by about ten seconds

Edited by bigfella

Fulham destroyed us that game, they really should have gone up and I’m sure there was some controversy in there last  game of the season. They played some fantastic football that season.

That old bloke is surely Max Wall?

That photo of Supermac reminds me of one of Ossie. Was a particular angle where me and me mam were visible in the background of that was used in the Pink that night.  Was going to go into the Chronicle and look through their archives for it a while back.

If anybody has that, it would be epic to me. Was one of the last games I went to with her.

Cheers.

Kinda like this but not quite.article-1210980-06465C75000005DC-381_468x322.jpg.f78248f83e8a8f02d64b733c3edc48f0.jpg

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, frankpingel said:

Jim jinky Smith, my 1st real hero in black and white. 

Also my first Newcastle hero, I was there the night he broke Tony Wants leg, Jinky would square the ledger as Tony Want would testify.

On 09/03/2022 at 09:05, Toontimes said:

Pat Howard was a “no-nonsense” defender who occasionally took the concept of getting a grip on the opposition a little too literally. The folically challenged Terry Darracott of Everton Is in the grip of things on this occasion.

DAED00BA-EF41-42ED-90AC-6BD3B358E186.thumb.jpeg.2b62a406fad41e3edb111010e14b4b47.jpeg

That Everton player looks about 70.