Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Guest Roger Kint

Since when has the Championship Play-Off Final been on the Saturday and the League Two one on the Monday? ???

Changed two years ago i think for the Euros didnt it? Extra rest for some players was the reason or something

What would happen if, in the very unlikely event, a keeper was booked for encroachment during a pen shoot-out, then got a second yellow for doing the same?

You'd assume that one of the outfield players would replace him in goal and the shootout would continue. Not actually sure though.

Correct

What would happen in said scenario if the offending team still had a substitution available?

What would happen if, in the very unlikely event, a keeper was booked for encroachment during a pen shoot-out, then got a second yellow for doing the same?

You'd assume that one of the outfield players would replace him in goal and the shootout would continue. Not actually sure though.

Correct

What would happen in said scenario if the offending team still had a substitution available?

Can't make subs in a shoot-out...

Wouldn't the team who didn't have the player sent off have to stop take their 11th player off the list too?

It's called "reduce to equate" and the premise behind this is that it would be unfair for a team with only 9 players to have their top player shooting a second time while the other team with 11 players still had their 10th and 11th players shooting who are presumably not very good (assuming it went that deep in rounds).

So both teams would always have equal number of their top players available for the shootout

• 4 weeks later...

What language do the players and officials talk in at the WC when they're talking to each other? Would it be basic English?

I realise this is probably the daftest question to be asked in here :lol:

What language do the players and officials talk in at the WC when they're talking to each other? Would it be basic English?

Prett much English, yeah.

All FIFA refs have to be able to speak English. They'll often have a Spanish-speaking ref if both teams speak Spanish as well though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

All of the bigger teams tbh. All full of dicks in their fanbase and in their media. I would imagine that we're pretty high up, along with the Germans.

Apologies if this has been done.

If Brazil, Germany or Argentina win the World Cup and lift the current trophy for the 3rd time, do they get to keep it? Like Brazil got to keep the Jules Rimet trophy.

Cheers dude.

In that case I hope none of them win it. :lol: I think it's a fantastic looking trophy, probably close second behind the European cup.

Edit: you swine just seen the spoiler.

I think the answer is 'unknown'. FIFA have said that the trophy itself can't be won outright, but a gold-plated replica will be awarded. Whether that insinuates we'll have a new trophy if one of those three triumph this year, I'm not sure. Either way, there's only room for four more engravings, so it'll change after 2030 at the latest.