Arsene Wenger

Parky

Saurez was the fatal mistake. A talisman, a winner with ridiculous scoring rates and someone who can single handedly make a goodish team into title contenders as he did with Liverpool. What's he worth now? Priceless. Wenger only had to go back with a bid of 45m instead he took the piss.

that fatal mistake that stopped them becoming title contenders in the season to come?

Think with Saurez and a proper GK Wenger could have added another title. I'd rather have Saurez than Neymar or Aguero. He just brings everything inc a work rate that is legendary.

Guest GoonerAlexis

Saurez was the fatal mistake. A talisman, a winner with ridiculous scoring rates and someone who can single handedly make a goodish team into title contenders as he did with Liverpool. What's he worth now? Priceless. Wenger only had to go back with a bid of 45m instead he took the p*ss.

that fatal mistake that stopped them becoming title contenders in the season to come?

Think with Saurez and a proper GK Wenger could have added another title. I'd rather have Saurez than Neymar or Aguero. He just brings everything inc a work rate that is legendary.

And he was prepared to buy Suarez. That Liverpool decided then not to sell despite us activating the buy-out clause is not his fault. We weren't exactly offering some derisory low offer, it was a perfectly valid one, well above what Liverpool had valued him at in his contract

Saurez was the fatal mistake. A talisman, a winner with ridiculous scoring rates and someone who can single handedly make a goodish team into title contenders as he did with Liverpool. What's he worth now? Priceless. Wenger only had to go back with a bid of 45m instead he took the p*ss.

And he was prepared to buy Suarez. That Liverpool decided then not to sell despite us activating the buy-out clause is not his fault. We weren't exactly offering some derisory low offer, it was a perfectly valid one, well above what Liverpool had valued him at in his contract

half what they sold him for after he nearly won them the title :lol:

Guest GoonerAlexis

half what they sold him for after he nearly won them the title :lol:

To a Barcelona desperate to bring him in because they were going to be inflicted with a transfer ban

Liverpool themselves valued him at 40 mn in his contract. If that's what they said was his buy-out clause, they should have sold him. They broke it

Shouldn't Liverpool get some kind of punishment for not letting Suarez go to Arsenal when his release clause was met

Suárez would have to sue them for breach of contract I suppose. I don't think he's bothered right now.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Suárez or his agent would have pressed the clause if Suárez really wanted to go to Arsenal.

Guest GoonerAlexis

Individually his performance in his last Liverpool season is as good as it's been in the PL.

You seem like the most erudite person I've seen on here

Shouldn't Liverpool get some kind of punishment for not letting Suarez go to Arsenal when his release clause was met

Suárez would have to sue them for breach of contract I suppose. I don't think he's bothered right now.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Suárez or his agent would have pressed the clause if Suárez really wanted to go to Arsenal.

Wasn't there some ambiguity in the clause that Liverpool exploited? Something like it said that Liverpool had to allow Suarez to talk to any club that bid £40m, but it didn't spell out that they had to sell him.

Wasn't there some ambiguity in the clause that Liverpool exploited? Something like it said that Liverpool had to allow Suarez to talk to any club that bid £40m, but it didn't spell out that they had to sell him.

IIRC that was the case, it wasn't a proper release clause, but Suarez thought it was, Liverpool had stuck it in the small print or whatever