Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Villa have moved for Okore...offer to low.

Hope we would try and get him

Villa seem to be looking to spend money again this summer. Could be good for them if they build on what they have currently got. I still believe this season will have been good for them with blooding young players

Yep, since they survived it was a good idea. Not so much if they had gone down, but it worked out just.

Don't think they had much choice really with the state of them when Lambert took over. If I was them I'd be going after Lescott.

Why? They are following the BVB formula. Buy good, young, cheap players and let them develop.

Villa seem to be looking to spend money again this summer. Could be good for them if they build on what they have currently got. I still believe this season will have been good for them with blooding young players

Yep, since they survived it was a good idea. Not so much if they had gone down, but it worked out just.

Don't think they had much choice really with the state of them when Lambert took over. If I was them I'd be going after Lescott.

Why? They are following the BVB formula. Buy good, young, cheap players and let them develop.

Though cheap, I don't believe most of the players Villa have signed are particularly good.

Because they are going to need some experience in there to help them develop. Especially in defence.

Ain't that Ron Vlaar's job? Not that he's particularly good.

Given Lambert's history with Villa and Norwich I'd be surprised if they went big name instead of lower league / niche foreigner.

Guest icemanblue

Okore :(

Caught many of F.C. Nordsjælland's games this season, mate?

Champions League, mate.

Ah right. He must have been a real standout performer while they conceded 22 goals in six games.

Though cheap, I don't believe most of the players Villa have signed are particularly good.

Westwood, Benteke and Lowton have been excellent. Sylla came in late on and looked solid.

Bennett, Vlaar and El Ahmadi have looked ok in patches.

The thing with  buying young talent is that it will be inconsistent to start with. Lowton was playing for Sheffield Utd and Westwood for Crewe.

That's why they are cheap, if they were the finished product they'd cost way more.

Also worth bearing in mind, Weimann and Delph are young players we already had who have been hugely improved under Lambert.

It is going to take a while and may fail but it is 1000 times more encouraging than the season before, and people seem to have bought into it.

We bought Westwood after compiling a 30 game dossier on him (according to the Crewe manager, who hadn't even realised we were watching him). He cost 1m plus a pre season friendly. That's exactly the sort of new approach we need, especially as we are still paying off MON's huge money, no scouting approach.

I do think we could use a bit if experience this summer, though. Lescott as mentioned above would be perfect.

I think Vlaar is alright but he he didn't seem to do a great job of holding their defence together when I saw them. Suppose it depends what their targets and budgets are for next season.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Such a cheeky scamp.

TBF to him it was only 16 in 5 when played.

I completely forgot they were in the Champs League, to be honest. Went straight to Wiki, praying that they'd conceded a load. :lol:

Champions League, mate.

Ah right. He must have been a real standout performer while they conceded 22 goals in six games.

Aye, because thats how football works. Cabaye, Cisse and Yanga-Mbiwa mustn't be worth buying, they lost 0-6 that time.

Guest icemanblue

Champions League, mate.

Aye, because thats how football works. Cabaye, Cisse and Yanga-Mbiwa mustn't be worth buying, they lost 0-6 that time.

:lol: It kind of is, for defenders at least. You obviously want us to sign him for some reason, that could have been because he's highly rated, or a beast on FM. I'd have taken either. But you gave the impression that it was based on watching him play, even though the games you saw involved his team conceding lots of goals.

Nordsjalland did get destroyed a few times, yeah. He's rated quite highly, despite not being the magical 6ft 4in for Pardew. Quick, strong and decent recovery. Still needs to improve on the ball though, not sure his hoofing is up to PL standard. He was only 19/20 against Chelsea/Juventus and he was already their best player, so he had a lot of responsibility. He reminds me of MYM in some ways, lots of potential.

Suprised no-one has ever gone back for Royston Drenthe. Plays in Russia, just been relegated. Would be a bargain.

A video was put on youtube some weeks back of him pissing about in a Ferrari or something on the roads in Spain while drinking a can of Mahou. He's an idiot.

Also saw an interview with Jelavic the other day, where he was saying Moyes gave Drenthe a lot of chances and he ended up going too far (rumour at the time was he turned up late and hungover/still pissed for the coach to the FA Cup semi with Liverpool).

Suprised no-one has ever gone back for Royston Drenthe. Plays in Russia, just been relegated. Would be a bargain.

A video was put on youtube some weeks back of him pissing about in a Ferrari or something on the roads in Spain while drinking a can of Mahou. He's an idiot.

Also saw an interview with Jelavic the other day, where he was saying Moyes gave Drenthe a lot of chances and he ended up going too far (rumour at the time was he turned up late and hungover/still p*ssed for the coach to the FA Cup semi with Liverpool).

Always liked Drenthe. Had a quality Euro under 21 tourney a good few year back, looked a huge prospect and was exciting to watch.  Think i might like him even more after those stories since he doesn't play for us.

Wow ... really liked the look of Fernandinho in the Shakthar Champions League games I saw. Him and Yaya will be filthy.

I was actually really confused as to why he wasn't in the Brazil first team midfield against England.