Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest palnese

Press conference at 7.30 apparently.

Jonatan Tollås Nation, a Norwegian footballer, is on holiday in Barcelona. He said on twitter that a staff member at Nou Camp had told him that Tito is too ill to stay in charge.

Wish him all the best, hopefully things aren't too bad for him and he can make a recovery :thup:

However - and I know this might be harsh in the circumstance - but I don't think he was up to the job anyway. Yes they won the league but the performances in the CL and Clasicos were poor, defensively they are too exposed and I just don't think the same hunger and intensity in their play was ever apparent as it was a couple of years ago. Vilanova might be an excellent coach (infact I'm sure he is) but I don't think he has the same ability to implement his ideas to players and as such doesn't have the same authority over the squad, which has led to a disenfranchising of people like Thiago.

I think the hunger thing is much more to do with the fact that they had won everything there was to win in a manner that was never done before. When you've done that without refreshing the squad, it's natural to expect a decline in the intensity level. You can't go from playing at 60% against Osasuna while thrashing them 5-0 to having to be at 110% soon after in a Clasico. They just weren't hungry enough in general and it affected them in the big games because they couldn't up their level.

A shame for him personally, and i hope he gets well but as a club it really effects Barca very little. Klopp on the way?

Personally I think it will affect us a great deal. All gettable good managers have already found clubs, only Heynckes remains available.

Now, I'd :fwap: if Klopp came, but that's not going to happen.

Still, genuinely worried for Tito. That's too many relapses for a cancer :(

A shame for him personally, and i hope he gets well but as a club it really effects Barca very little. Klopp on the way?

Personally I think it will affect us a great deal. All gettable good managers have already found clubs, only Heynckes remains available.

Heynckes would be a damn fine choice even if it is a short-term measure. He seems pretty open to managing again so there's a good chance Barca can tempt him out.

What you said about Tito, that's truly worrying.

Obviously I cannot argue with a Barca fan about their own club, but like Sewelly said, i dont think he was up to the job anyway.

Your club should be able to go out and get any manager they want apart from those tied with Madrid's history. Klopp would jump at the chance, especially after seeing several key players leave or leaving.

Football aside, yep too man relapses for this to be anything but bad news for him personally. :(

the suns response to Vilanova probably having to step down............

The Sun - Football ‏@TheSunFootball 4m

Tito Vilanova is set to stand down as Barcelona boss - boosting Man United's hopes of landing Cesc Fabregas

:facepalm: why am I even surprised

They have just made quite a few signings already, I just can't see Klopp jumping ship right now.

Heynckes for a couple more years, then go for Klopp.

I'll like to see Guardiola against Klopp this season. Please don't spoil things for me yet. :lol: