Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Bale handed in transfer request at Spurs?

Spanish paper/tv thingy are saying so, not sure how true yet.

6 year deal done apparently. Hope so, sick of hearing about this proposed move.

Spurs will absolutely need a top striker now. Chadli is a good player out on the wing, but he's not capable of scoring goals with the same proficiency as Bale.

Needed one for years. Thought they might have been OK signing Adebayor but apparently not.

Shame I quite like Spurs as a club.

I strongly dislike Spurs and yet like their general policy at the same time. I guess they show you can be a decent level club without being backed by some oil kernt.

i.e., what we should be. Twats.

I think Adebayor struggled because of Bale's dominance in attack. Spurs would be best with a mobile forward ala Aguero, someone who can interchange with Bale. Maybe Adebayor would have a better season without Bale around, as they don't complement each other very well. Though if it came down to it, I'd rather have Bale than Adebayor.

Would be delighted if Bale fucked off. Might not have to look at his monkey face and that gay love heart celebration quite as much if he goes abroad. Plus I can see it seriously damaging Spurs. They're not a 'one-man-team' as such but I can remember seeing them last season without him and looking quite limp in attack.

Would be delighted if Bale fucked off. Might not have to look at his monkey face and that gay love heart celebration quite as much if he goes abroad. Plus I can see it seriously damaging Spurs. They're not a 'one-man-team' as such but I can remember seeing them last season without him and looking quite limp in attack.

They're as close to a one-man team as I've seen TBH. Where would they have finished without him?

I know there's no such thing really, but if there was one they'd be it.

AVB denies it anyway.

I think Adebayor struggled because of Bale's dominance in attack. Spurs would be best with a mobile forward ala Aguero, someone who can interchange with Bale. Maybe Adebayor would have a better season without Bale around, as they don't complement each other very well. Though if it came down to it, I'd rather have Bale than Adebayor.

Completely agree one of the reasons Higuain has struggled at Madrid was because the bigger Ronaldo's influence got the more his space was limited.

Same with Bale and Adebayor but on a lesser scale.

Completely agree one of the reasons Higuain has struggled at Madrid was because the bigger Ronaldo's influence got the more his space was limited.

Would Adebayor ever be capable of replacing even half of what Bale offers though? I would be surprised.

Would Adebayor ever be capable of replacing even half of what Bale offers though? I would be surprised.

Not saying that just that Spurs would need to get a forward of the type Deuce described to get the most from the team.

Just buying a goalscorer wouldn't work.

Not saying that just that Spurs would need to get a forward of the type Deuce described to get the most from the team.

Just buying a goalscorer wouldn't work.

Soldado's pretty fluid isn't he? Would he be a good fit for them?

Didier Drogba scored a total  22 league goals in TWO seasons when he first went to Chelsea, the years they won the league. 12, and 10 goals. Mata hit 12 last season.

He also had the most assists in the PL during that time. Daft point tbh.

I'm Drogba's biggest fan. This is just a direct reply to Mole saying Chelsea lack fire power up front.

Drogba can't have had the most assists either in those years. He had 5 and 11. Mata has had 16 and 17.

He 100% had the most PL assists in one of his first two seasons.

Just seen Dropout's post.... in theory you would be right but what you are relying on is the midfield coming up with the numbers Robben, Lampard, Cole, Duff etc etc provided.

They definitely lack firepower to be title challengers IMO and i don't believe they have replaced Essien either plus at some point Lampard has to be replaced.

Just seen Dropout's post.... in theory you would be right but what you are relying on is the midfield coming up with the numbers Robben, Lampard, Cole, Duff etc etc provided.

They definitely lack firepower to be title challengers IMO and i don't believe they have replaced Essien either plus at some point Lampard has to be replaced.

Keep on saying and it's controversial but we never saw the best of Essien as because of his versatility and Lampard being so good.

I don't know. Spurs always flatter to deceive me. They look good, but somehow there's a fundamental lack of substance to their attacking play, that's why they need such a battering ram like Bale. I'm not sure just a mobile striker would do.