Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I don't get why transfer requests are suddenly a game changer. A player writes that he wants to leave and thats that? He automatically has to go? Clubs will flat out refuse to sell players then the magical request comes in and they MUST sell. I just don't get it.

I think they can theoretically reject a transfer request. But it's a strong indication they'll have a disgruntled player on their hands.

Also, it must have something to do with their contract and whether the player is entitled to certain bonuses.

Personally I think Spurs should tell Chelsea to fuck off.

Aye i think you get a loyalty bonus for not asking to leave. But whilst Levy is adamant that Modric won't go, we know that as soon as the transfer request goes in his "hands will be tied" and he'll go to Chelsea. They already know Modric wants to go there and a written request shouldnt change that.

With this spending, Liverpool have reloaded to become the team they were a few years ago when Rafa had them thinking the title was a serious possibility. At the end of things, they still lack the top level quality needed to win this league, but they'll be more competitive on that front.

Yup - now Modric has handed the request in, he will now for-go any loyalty bonuses. He must be quite desperate to leave.

yeah, like the pay rise wont make up massively and more for the lost loyalty payment.

yeah but if omens are anything to go by...first name wesley, eight lettered surname beginning with S.......keep an eye out for him in fenwicks glove department when they play up here.

yeah but if omens are anything to go by...first name wesley, eight lettered surname beginning with S.......keep an eye out for him in fenwicks glove department when they play up here.

:thup: :D

cheers. i was relying on yourself,billytray,cp40 or gimp.

No bother. I remember being at Kenny Wharton's testimonial (was either his or John Anderson's) and someone shouted 'How, Saunders - have you nicked any gloves lately?!' Made me laugh anyway. :)

Is that 90 million pounds or so Man U have spent this summer? Where are all of these team getting this from?

Isn't 2011-2012 the first period when clubs are supposed to break even according to the Financial Fair Play rules? I suspect they are all going in a leveraged spending spree before then.

No bother. I remember being at Kenny Wharton's testimonial (was either his or John Anderson's) and someone shouted 'How, Saunders - have you nicked any gloves lately?!' Made me laugh anyway. :)

i can only remember 2 wes saunders things, one is the gloves, the other is he scorerd at colchester in the fa cup replay win.

i can only remember 2 wes saunders things, one is the gloves, the other is he scorerd at colchester in the fa cup replay win.

I vaguely remember the gloves story (remember my dad and his mates talking about it) Didn't he also play a bit part in the 83/84 promotion season?

With this spending, Liverpool have reloaded to become the team they were a few years ago when Rafa had them thinking the title was a serious possibility. At the end of things, they still lack the top level quality needed to win this league, but they'll be more competitive on that front.

While they've spent a lot I really don't see how the players they've bought are going to transform them into title contenders. Suarez is their best signing and he cost the least.

Villa chief Paul Faulkner said: "We've reached an agreement with Liverpool following an improved offer received on Wednesday and the submission of a transfer request by Downing.

"We believe there are replacements available in the market who can strengthen our squad."

Surely N'Zogbia.

Villa chief Paul Faulkner said: "We've reached an agreement with Liverpool following an improved offer received on Wednesday and the submission of a transfer request by Downing.

"We believe there are replacements available in the market who can strengthen our squad."

Surely N'Zogbia.

Only one I can think of, unfortunately.