Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Mourinho would have seen first hand how good Courtois is.

He probably won't rate him based on that as he's usually quite bad in derbies.

I am still undecided on Courtois myself tbh, he organises well and has very good box presence but i find his shot stopping and reactions to be very poor.

How weird I think the exact opposite of him :lol:

From what I've seen me too. Shot stopping/reflexes is definitely his biggest strength.

Must be something wrong with my eyes, when i watch him he looks very slow to get down to long shots..... Hard consistent problems with Ronaldo long rangers because of it.

Mourinho would have seen first hand how good Courtois is.

He probably won't rate him based on that as he's usually quite bad in derbies.

I am still undecided on Courtois myself tbh, he organises well and has very good box presence but i find his shot stopping and reactions to be very poor.

How weird I think the exact opposite of him :lol:

From what I've seen me too. Shot stopping/reflexes is definitely his biggest strength.

Must be something wrong with my eyes, when i watch him he looks very slow to get down to long shots..... Hard consistent problems with Ronaldo long rangers because of it.

Any goalkeeper has problems with Ronaldo long rangers man. ;)

Such disappointing news about Falcao :no:

Porto(CL) > Atletico(EL) > Monaco (Newly promoted)

Steady progression from Falcao if the news is true.

The owners of Monaco may have put forward a fantastic 5 year plan or something and want him to be the main man to make dreams happen. That and a shit load of cash. It really isn't a bad prospect - imagine if they overtook the likes of Lyon and Marseille and were vying for CL year on year in the near future. Wouldn't be such a bad place to see your career out would it?

Guest reefatoon

Well if he is moving to France, that's just one step closer for him signing for us . . . .

Whilst Monaco probably will be in the CL soon, he's leaving a club about to qualify for it and rejecting clubs who've been in it for years. As for being rich, Chelsea aren't exactly frugal either. Just seems like such an unnecessary transfer.

1 measly place above us in the league yet a completely different universe of transfer targets. Annoying.

You can't afford him even if he wants to come. Not unless you sell someone to generate funds.

Seriously, where does Everton's money go? Can't believe you have the transfer budget of a league 1 side.

1 measly place above us in the league yet a completely different universe of transfer targets. Annoying.

You can't afford him even if he wants to come. Not unless you sell someone to generate funds.

Seriously, where does Everton's money go? Can't believe you have the transfer budget of a league 1 side.

Lets not over exaggerate :lol:

Lets not over exaggerate :lol:

Net spend of less than 2m a season under Moyes. :lol:

'That is a net spend of roughly £800,000 per season over the past five years'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/08/david-moyes-everton-manchester-united

Aye and net spend includes sales and over the last few years it has been quite substantial ones.

So you can't make a fair comparison with net spend, for example our net spend over last 5 years is next to nothing due to some massive sales.

Doesn't mean we have a next to nothing budget though, same goes with Arsenal.

League 1 sides don't even get 500k to spend full f*cking stop.

Also i'd argue those net spend numbers are skewed a bit with the sales of Rooney etc etc you just can't make a fair comparison with net spend.

I mean Arsenal bought Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski etc etc for like 40m and it still meant a net spend of almost zilch because of Sales.

League 1 teams would kill to have Everton's finances, heck a large majority of the Championship would.

Aye and net spend includes sales and over the last few years it has been quite substantial ones.

So you can't make a fair comparison with net spend, for example our net spend over last 5 years is next to nothing due to some massive sales.

Doesn't mean we have a next to nothing budget though, same goes with Arsenal.

League 1 sides don't even get 500k to spend full f*cking stop.

Also i'd argue those net spend numbers are skewed a bit with the sales of Rooney etc etc you just can't make a fair comparison with net spend.

I mean Arsenal bought Giroud, Cazorla, Podolski etc etc for like 40m and it still meant a net spend of almost zilch because of Sales.

League 1 teams would kill to have Everton's finances, heck a large majority of the Championship would.

Alright, you have a point full fucking stop.

I'd be more annoyed that the team one measly place below you have a completely different universe of transfer targets :lol:. Hell, there's a case for the team 11 places below you too...

it really makes no sense how they're so behind in the transfer market considering they've consistently been top half to europe competing for 6 seasons and its not like they don't pay big wages to players since the likes of Fellaini and Baines are hardly on peanuts