Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Rumours we've agreed a fee for Leandro Bacuna.

I am confused. I used to think transfers only took place at the end of August and were only for players at the height of their careers, who played in the UK.

Tonev, Okore, Nicklas Helenius ... it's almost as if the manager has had some proper scouting done and is getting his business done as soon as possible. What a refereshing change.

I am confused. I used to think transfers only took place at the end of August and were only for players at the height of their careers, who played in the UK.

Tonev, Okore, Nicklas Helenius ... it's almost as if the manager has had some proper scouting done and is getting his business done as soon as possible. What a refereshing change.

What madness is this?

Him and Nakata in the same team would have been sublime.

What madness is this?

Does two summers ago not count now? :lol:

Oh no, is Okore actually happening? :(

Seen at the training ground today, with Lambert, apparently. Not all done or owt yet, but it looks like it may happen.

Regardless of whether it does or doesn't, though, I am just taken aback by the evidence that we've looked all over Europe for promise and value, have thought about it before the window opens, and are trying to get them as soon as we can.

http://i.imgur.com/9VhKpn8.png

:yao:

Money, money, money

Must be funny

In the rich man's world

Money, money, money

Always sunny

In the rich man's world

Aha-ahaaa

All the things I could do

If I had a little money

It's a rich man's world

Have a good feeling about Lambert at Villa. Think hell do great, and they'll end up getting some lesser known young players that end up becoming stars for them like Benteke did.

f***ing Pardew man ... f*** sake.

Have a good feeling about Lambert at Villa. Think hell do great, and they'll end up getting some lesser known young players that end up becoming stars for them liek Benteke did.

He needs to teach us how to defend, really, really quickly, I know that much.

One thing i will say is that last season was one of the weirdest ever.

At times, I could barely watch us without doing so through my fingers. We put together some abysmal statistics. We managed to complete a run of four home wins in almost two years. Loads and loads of things were awful.

We looked like a bunch of young players being asked to do too much, and sometimes (most memorably second leg LC QF at home to Bradford), we got things embarassingly tactically wrong.

But then again, despite all the bad results and statistics, the fans never, ever lost it with Lambert, which is pretty strange. At various points in the season you could easily say he'd done enough to get sacked, but the crowd stuck with him. In large part because we'd seen what it's like when things go badly and you really don't like what the manager is trying to do, as per last year under McLeish.

It sounds utterly mental when you've just finished 15th, but I, and just about every Villa fan I know, really, despite all the shit, massively enjoyed last season. It was totally nuts in parts - summed up by losing 3-0 at home to Wigan, but also thinking about the third goal at Stoke, and seeing five Villa players through with just the keeper to beat. Absolutely mental highs and lows.

Not only that, but I am looking forward to next season to a massive degree. I can't wait. I have no idea how it'll go, but I really do believe in the course the manager is taking.

More than anything, I know that however badly it does or doesn't go, it absolutely won't be boring. That's the main thing,

The thing about last season with Villa Brummie, I don't think Lambert was as prepared as he will be for this one.

You guys had little money, and wanted to get in younger players that were affordable, and whose value could increase. Not sure this is an area he had a particular strength in scouting/buying from necessarily. He ended up getting largely English youngsters from the lower leagues, and giving your academy players a chance, but now he's getting them from all over Europe it seems.

Think you'll ultimately end up with some really talented youngsters this summer, who are more in the Benteke mould i.e. ones from smaller leagues or teams, who are therefore not as obvious.

Man United apparently put a £8.5m price tag on Nani, according to Galatasaray.

Only has a year left on his contract but I would still think a considerably higher bid would be required.