Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Playing devils advocate here but arsenal used to play a 4-4-2 with two wingers who could cut in narrow like they will pretty effectively, of course the trouble will be the ease of that midfield to be overrun. The problem is the hoofball that comes with Pardew's attempts at 4-4-2 not innate in formation imo. I don't think it suits Cisse mind, which will sadly end in him being subbed off for shola nad hoofball happening to accomodate him

Playing devils advocate here but arsenal used to play a 4-4-2 with two wingers who could cut in narrow like they will pretty effectively, of course the trouble will be the ease of that midfield to be overrun. The problem is the hoofball that comes with Pardew's attempts at 4-4-2 not innate in formation imo. I don't think it suits Cisse mind, which will sadly end in him being subbed off for shola nad hoofball happening to accomodate him

You are forgetting something..... Arsenal had someone called Arsene Wenger :lol:

Almost certain Pards will play that 4-4-2 but would have thought he would play Jonas on the left instead of Gouff. Pretty abysmal. I for one would like:

Tiote/Anita

Cabaye          Sissoko

HBA          Cisse            Remy

in a 4-3-3 formation. If Pardew even thinks of playing Jonas in the starting XI or Sissoko on the wing I'll go f***ing ape s***.

I can almost guarantee that Pardew will put out this formation against Manchester City:

Cabaye    Tiote

Sissoko        HBA        Jonas

Cisse

:scared:

Wasn't much of a 4-4-2. It had a traditional #10 (and Kanu).

2 big strong lads in midfield who could pass very well. One was a top athlete too.

We don't have any of the above.

Was that the one he was talking about? thought he was on about the Flamini-Cesc-Hleb-Rosicky Adebayor-Van Persie team.

either really, just saying that 442 isn't necessarily hoofball and even might be a good idea under a good manager. Think Arsenal could do with being a bit more like that at the moment, stick Giroud and Podolski up front, Cazorla on one wing and Walcott on the other both cutting in

Hell of course this is stupidly ignoring our old front lines Our football will not improve no matter what formation Pardew tries, it's about pressing nad passing game that needs work.

Anyway everybody knows this, just seeing a 4-4-2 formation without Jonas would be a huge improvement

the one that didn't win very much?

That team had RVP as the #10

They no longer play any type of 4-4-2 anyway and haven't done for a number of years. Haven't won anything either tbf.

Came a lot closer than any other team Arsenal have had since Vieira left tbf.

Very unlucky not to win the league the year Eduardo had that horrible injury.

Crazy when you think back to earlier in the window just how likely it looked that he'd be leaving. I think he's giving it another year, personally. Need some big performances from this man.

Pardew doing his outmost to prompt bidding for him today.

Thought the same reading his latest bits in the press.

It's really like "Oh, look the transfer window is closing soon so don't forget to big for our Ca-bye"

His negative quotes when it comes to retaining players is fucking infuriating.

His team is a reflection of him. Reactive, negative and ambition-less.

Fucking sick of this constant dumbing down of fans expectations as though we are some two bit club who should be thankful with what we've got.

I remember a time when we were smashing transfer records and playing good football.

His negative quotes when it comes to retaining players is fucking infuriating.

His team is a reflection of him. Reactive, negative and ambition-less.

Fucking sick of this constant dumbing down of fans expectations as though we are some two bit club who should be thankful with what we've got.

I remember a time when we were smashing transfer records and playing good football.

And he is a reflection of the owner.

Anyway RE: Cabaye, Monaco is about as he is going to get because no team with genuine aspirations of winning the CL would want him in their starting XI. He's a good player, when he is in the mood, but he's too one paced for that elite level and he doesn't make up for it by being world class at other things.

Not even sure why Monaco would want him either given they've just signed Moutinho who is nie on the same player but IMO a tiny bit better.