Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans 1m

Robbie Savage on @bbc5live, says he's "led to believe" Yohan Cabaye is not in #NUFC squad tonight / has been pulled out. Unconfirmed.

Can't believe that... we've openly mocked and rejected their bid. Would be massively strange.

Anyway, we'll see I guess.

I agree it makes no sense at all. Unless Cabaye is the one who's pulled out.

More annoying than the price of the bid is it going public hours before our first game of the season.

Yep not bothered about the offer, but trying to buy players on the day of the game is well to say it lacks class is an understatement.

As others have said, we wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

Aye, we're c***s too. Doesn't make it less annoying.

:sadnod:

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans 1m

Robbie Savage on @bbc5live, says he's "led to believe" Yohan Cabaye is not in #NUFC squad tonight / has been pulled out. Unconfirmed.

Can't believe that... we've openly mocked and rejected their bid. Would be massively strange.

Really? Where was this?

[/ian]

:lol:

Fair play.

Touche David, touche.

Once BBC reports we've rejected their bid, I believe.

As Mick Lowes has just pointed out, Wigan want £15m for James McCarthy which makes the £10m bid even more ridiculous.

I think we'll sell him for around 15M (if he doesn't play tonight he's 100% gone), and won't pay the money Wigan want for McCarthy.

More annoying than the price of the bid is it going public hours before our first game of the season.

You'll probably find we're the ones who've made it public to up the fee/generate further interest.

We've been publicly generating interest all season by bigging the fella up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Ashleys way of getting the fans back for slagging his drinking partner. 'don't sell Cabaye, we'll fackin' show'em Joe'.

Pack of cretinous cunts.

the question is who benefits making this public, us? no not really if anything it hurts us. Arsenal? Makes them look like they're doing something in response to the defeat and wengers on the case to sort it out trust wenger hes about to go on a spending spree blah blah blah

If we've intended to sell him all summer, I'd argue we benefit immensely from having this interest made public because any other interested parties have to either shit or get off the pot.

I happen to think he's the one marked as the sacrificial lamb this year and he's probably also (rightly) pissed that he was sold the dream by Billy Liar (AP) which has turned to shit.

As you can see, I'm hugely cynical when it comes to all matters NUFC these days.

My brother in law is a Gooner, and he is baffled by all this. He rates Cabaye but says he's not what they need. He reckons Wenger is losing the plot and doesn't have any real idea what the team needs which isn't "another creative playmaker type" (his words).

He'll not go for anything less than 15m, although this will no doubt unsettle him. NUFC or Arsenal? Pardew or Wenger? Pissy streets of Newcastle or golden streets of London?

Hard choice...

It's wierd cause it's clear what they really need is a big, brutal, porsche engined DM.

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans 1m

Wouldn't be the first time  either

My brother in law is a Gooner, and he is baffled by all this. He rates Cabaye but says he's not what they need. He reckons Wenger is losing the plot and doesn't have any real idea what the team needs which isn't "another creative playmaker type" (his words).

He'll not go for anything less than 15m, although this will no doubt unsettle him. NUFC or Arsenal? Pardew or Wenger? Pissy streets of Newcastle or golden streets of London?

Hard choice...

Yep - a good mate of mine is an Emirates ST Holder and he can't understand it at all.

You'll probably find we're the ones who've made it public to up the fee/generate further interest.

We've been publicly generating interest all season by bigging the fella up.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Ashleys way of getting the fans back for slagging his drinking partner. 'don't sell Cabaye, we'll fackin' show'em Joe'.

Pack of cretinous cunts.

the question is who benefits making this public, us? no not really if anything it hurts us. Arsenal? Makes them look like they're doing something in response to the defeat and wengers on the case to sort it out trust wenger hes about to go on a spending spree blah blah blah

If we've intended to sell him all summer, I'd argue we benefit immensely from having this interest made public because any other interested parties have to either shit or get off the pot.

I happen to think he's the one marked as the sacrificial lamb this year and he's probably also (rightly) pissed that he was sold the dream by Billy Liar (AP) which has turned to shit.

As you can see, I'm hugely cynical when it comes to all matters NUFC these days.

I don't doubt we would make something like this public, just not right before our first game.

Pardew couldn't stop talking about Carroll leaving, he went.  Pardew couldn't shut his mouth about Ba leaving, he's gone.  I wonder what's going to happen with Cabaye?

It's almost like Pardew put something in the media every day about holding onto Cabaye. :lol:

Hard choice...

Half their midfields injured and the rest are injury prone that'll be why he's wanted there.

Pardew couldn't stop talking about Carroll leaving, he went.  Pardew couldn't shut his mouth about Ba leaving, he's gone.  I wonder what's going to happen with Cabaye?

he probably kept being asked about them by the media which is a no win situation, if he answers it he's trying to flog them if he doesn't it means the clubs trying to privately flog them

he probably kept being asked about them by the media which is a no win situation, if he answers it he's trying to flog them if he doesn't it means the clubs trying to privately flog them

Most of Pardew's career is a no win situation.

It would represent a 100%+ return on investment - which is what the game is all about, and something we haven't had as fans in a while, I'd take that over a slightly higher prize money award for finishing a bit higher up the table (which, let's face it, no one really remembers).

It would represent a 100%+ return on investment - which is what the game is all about, and something we haven't had as fans in a while, I'd take that over a slightly higher prize money award for finishing a bit higher up the table (which, let's face it, no one really remembers).

They should make a European place available to the club with the best kept books tbh.

NUFCfans ‏@nufcfans 1m

Wouldn't be the first time  either

Getting tips from Remy.

SORRY

You would like to think that even the thickest person would have clicked that the more he talks about a player to the press then the more likely something happening becomes more likely.

Waffle, waffle, waffle - Gone.

Waffle, waffle, waffle - Doh.

Do football transfers REALLY work like that? Clubs won't tout their players about behind the scenes via agents etc.. they just hope Wenger logs on to Skysports.com one day "Hang the fuck on, Pardew is worried about losing Cabaye!? Fire up the fax machine Pat!!".

You would like to think that even the thickest person would have clicked that the more he talks about a player to the press then the more likely something happening becomes more likely.

Waffle, waffle, waffle - Doh.

Priceless.  You actually believe that??

Do football transfers REALLY work like that? Clubs won't tout their players about behind the scenes via agents etc.. they just hope Wenger logs on to Skysports.com one day "Hang the f*** on, Pardew is worried about losing Cabaye!? Fire up the fax machine Pat!!".

:)