Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Phil K

So, do we actually know that he's refused to play? At any point?

How CAN we know that ?

Did he play ? No.

Was he injured ? No.

Did it come after Arsenal's bid ? Yes.

Was it Ashley ? Make your own mind up on that, personally I doubt it

I'd say YES it was Cabaye who refused - after all, if Pardew was lying, Cabaye and/or his agent could kick up a stink.

They haven't

He might expect him too play, doesn't mean if he does he isn't going to be poncing about the midfield doing utmost to stay clear of injury. Hardly shown himself to be the professional sort thus far.

Im more worried he tries to get himself sent off. He's that petulant I wouldn't put it past him.

Eh? Maybe I'm missing something, but how would that help him?

He might expect him too play, doesn't mean if he does he isn't going to be poncing about the midfield doing utmost to stay clear of injury. Hardly shown himself to be the professional sort thus far.

Im more worried he tries to get himself sent off. He's that petulant I wouldn't put it past him.

Don't ruin it with logic!

1: It means he's banned for the next 3 games so he might as well not be there over the short term

2: It shows we can't rely on him if we wanted to keep him

3: It'll all but end his career at NUFC, forcing us to sell him

Its like handing in a transfer request but keeping your 10%.

1: It means he's banned for the next 3 games so he might as well not be there over the short term

2: It shows we can't rely on him if we wanted to keep him

3: It'll all but end his career at NUFC, forcing us to sell him

Its like handing in a transfer request but keeping your 10%.

I do get those points, but surely they are mooted for his reasons for playing?

• He didn't want to play because he wants to move.
  • Nobody puts in a reasonable bid.
  • Dropped by France so wants to play again.

If he's banned for 3 games that will put off a buyer a tiny bit as he will have to miss games where he goes, but more so he can't catch the eye of the French National coach, which is the reason for playing?

Not that this really matters I suppose. I just hope he stays and plays well for us.