Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye struggled with ankle injuries in the 2006–07 campaign featuring in only five league matches in the first three months of the season.

Cabaye consistently appeared with the team in the league and Champions League before suffering a relapse of his previous ankle injury in a league match against Le Mans in March 2007.

Guest hatem garrincha

Blanc: cabaye ankle not keeps

He'd better keep his ankle.

Blanc: la cheville de cabaye ne tenait plus

Source ?

Blanc radio rmc

"On va voir demain comment ces blessures là vont réagir. On fera un point demain ou plutôt dimanche", a confié Blanc en conférence de presse.

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/european-championship-qualification/2012/evra-rami-cabaye-touches_sto2981493/flashnews.shtml

Nobody knows yet the nature of the injury.

Guest hatem garrincha

Cabaye feels "a little ankle pain, like a sprain. The ligaments are affected"

Some Frenchie. Can't verify the source.

France medical staff didn't make any declaration yet, nowhere.

Guest mimifrench

You know, your "dreamboat" isn't dead...

I've told you that there exists some malediction with your clubs and French players.

You know, your "dreamboat" isn't dead...

I've told you that there exists some malediction with your clubs and French players.

We seem to have this problem with all players regardless of nationality. Argentinians excluded.

Direct quotes from Cabaye, via Eurosport:

"I preferred not to take risks and go out. I will do tests on Saturday. I do not know if it's a sprain or a big bruise but it was very painful and I could not go on like this."

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/cabaye-bonne-repetition_sto2981513/flashnews.shtml

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/02abf7b5.gif

The tackle was a really nasty one.  I mean real horror show.  The kind that had some of the old men in the pub wincing in empathy, and these are men who go on about the full blooded tackles of the "old days" and think anyone born after 1965 is a poof.  Pat sitting down at the end nearly lost his dinner.  I've heard they're not even allowed to show it on TV without warning those with bad hearts and children to leave the room. 

But the worst part was what happened after. 

The Albanian midfielder who committed the tackle rolled a screaming Yohan off the pitch onto the sideline.  The ref saw and heard it but turned a blind eye.  The the entire Albanian bench got up and started stomping on him.  All at once at first and then they took turns, cursing and yelling at him in a harsh tongue he didn't understand while raining down blow upon blow upon any piece of undefended flesh.

The French team stood and turned their backs to all of this, like that part in Bloodsport where Chong Li kills the guy.  Yohan looked up pleadingly, asking why no one was stopping this, why no one was coming to his aid?  The look of pain and desperation in his eyes said that he didn't even care about vengence on his attackers at this point, he just wanted the suffering to end.  But the ref wouldn't meet his eyes and Yohan prepared himself for oblivion.

It was then a rogue group of Médecins Sans Frontières members who were attending the game during a holiday burst through the angry mob and carted him off to safety.  Early reports from these brave souls indicate at least 18 broken bones, many of them multiple times.  Bones can mend though; what else may have been broken today in Cabaye only time will tell.

The tackle was a really nasty one.  I mean real horror show.  The kind that had some of the old men in the pub wincing in empathy, and these are men who go on about the full blooded tackles of the "old days" and think anyone born after 1965 is a poof.  Pat sitting down at the end nearly lost his dinner.  I've heard they're not even allowed to show it on TV without warning those with bad hearts and children to leave the room. 

But the worst part was what happened after. 

The Albanian midfielder who committed the tackle rolled a screaming Yohan off the pitch onto the sideline.  The ref saw and heard it but turned a blind eye.  The the entire Albanian bench got up and started stomping on him.  All at once at first and then they took turns, cursing and yelling at him in a harsh tongue he didn't understand while raining down blow upon blow upon any piece of undefended flesh.

The French team stood and turned their backs to all of this, like that part in Bloodsport where Chong Li kills the guy.  Yohan looked up pleadingly, asking why no one was stopping this, why no one was coming to his aid?  The look of pain and desperation in his eyes said that he didn't even care about vengence on his attackers at this point, he just wanted the suffering to end.  But the ref wouldn't meet his eyes and Yohan prepared himself for oblivion.

It was then a rogue group of Médecins Sans Frontières members who were attending the game during a holiday burst through the angry mob and carted him off to safety.  Early reports from these brave souls indicate at least 18 broken bones, many of them multiple times.  Bones can mend though; what else may have been broken today in Cabaye only time will tell.

Only puffs say "poof".