Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

You know, your "dreamboat" isn't dead...

I've told you that there exists some malediction with your clubs and French players.

We seem to have this problem with all players regardless of nationality. Argentinians excluded.

Puff has never seemed right to me, you puff on a cigarette.

Aye you do. Straight folk take a drag.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't smoke at all :smug:

Ok, it's puff the magic dragon..

I find the words 'Puff' and 'poof' quite offensive to be honest and for a forum that's so ban happy I'm amazed it's allowed to stand.

I've been asthmatic since I was 12.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Encouraging that in a time of mourning such as this we can band together to reach uncharted territories in homophobic slurs. O0

I think it was just the turtle-neck. Could swear he had a wife.

Just for a little positivity.

mattspiro

@mattspiro

Had a chat with Cabaye after France game. Doesnt seem to worry about ankle injury. Cant stop saying positive things about Newcastle!

Just for a little positivity.

mattspiro

@mattspiro

Had a chat with Cabaye after France game. Doesnt seem to worry about ankle injury. Cant stop saying positive things about Newcastle!

That's some nice positivity. Hopefully we'll hear more in the coming days.

He's impressed the French media anyway going by these ratings.

http://www.leprogres.fr/sports/2011/10/08/les-bleus-dans-le-sillage-de-remy

Lloris - 5

Debuchy - 6

Rami - 5

Kaboul - 5

Evra - 4

Nasri - 5

M'Vila - 5

Cabaye - 6 He confirmed his progression and all the good that we think about him. Blanc has found in the Newcastle player a valuable technical alternative. (Martin - 5)

Malouda - 5

Gomis - 5

Remy - 7

(French ratings are generally 1 or 2 marks lower than over here)

He's impressed the French media anyway going by these ratings.

http://www.leprogres.fr/sports/2011/10/08/les-bleus-dans-le-sillage-de-remy

Lloris - 5

Debuchy - 6

Rami - 5

Kaboul - 5

Evra - 4

Nasri - 5

M'Vila - 5

Cabaye - 6 He confirmed his progression and all the good that we think about him. Blanc has found in the Newcastle player a valuable technical alternative. (Martin - 5)

Malouda - 5

Gomis - 5

Remy - 7

(French ratings are generally 1 or 2 marks lower than over here)

A bit unfair on Martin, imo. I thought he did well when he came on.

The tackle was a really nasty one.  I mean real horror show.  The kind that had some of the old men in the pub wincing in empathy, and these are men who go on about the full blooded tackles of the "old days" and think anyone born after 1965 is a poof.  Pat sitting down at the end nearly lost his dinner.  I've heard they're not even allowed to show it on TV without warning those with bad hearts and children to leave the room. 

But the worst part was what happened after. 

The Albanian midfielder who committed the tackle rolled a screaming Yohan off the pitch onto the sideline.  The ref saw and heard it but turned a blind eye.  The the entire Albanian bench got up and started stomping on him.  All at once at first and then they took turns, cursing and yelling at him in a harsh tongue he didn't understand while raining down blow upon blow upon any piece of undefended flesh.

The French team stood and turned their backs to all of this, like that part in Bloodsport where Chong Li kills the guy.  Yohan looked up pleadingly, asking why no one was stopping this, why no one was coming to his aid?  The look of pain and desperation in his eyes said that he didn't even care about vengence on his attackers at this point, he just wanted the suffering to end.  But the ref wouldn't meet his eyes and Yohan prepared himself for oblivion.

It was then a rogue group of Médecins Sans Frontières members who were attending the game during a holiday burst through the angry mob and carted him off to safety.  Early reports from these brave souls indicate at least 18 broken bones, many of them multiple times.  Bones can mend though; what else may have been broken today in Cabaye only time will tell.

:frantic: :kasper: