Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Let the kneejerk injury sweepstakes begin....

Metatarsal. 3 months.

Pardew'll give it 3 weeks but he'll be back in 2. :pow:

Gut reaction is that if they sent him back out for the second half to try to run if off then it's not that bad. Bad sprain/twist maybe but if it was serious then they would have subbed him at HT.

Gut reaction is that if they sent him back out for the second half to try to run if off then it's not that bad. Bad sprain/twist maybe but if it was serious then they would have subbed him at HT.

Hmmm, this somewhat puts me at ease.

Here's hoping.

Yeah probably one of those where the initial pain might be quite substantial at first, but after a day or so it subsides. If you can go back on the pitch to see if you can run it off, it can't be too serious.

The studs were on the top of his foot rather than the ankle, I guess well find out soon enough when they have the x-ray results.

The studs were on the top of his foot rather than the ankle, I guess well find out soon enough when they have the x-ray results.

:thup:

Gulp.

The fact he had 15 minutes at half time for the adrenaline to wear off a bit, would have got it checked out and he still came back out to try and run it off is promising.  Him and Colo are our most important players right now, so praying it's just a knock and he'll be back for the Spurs game.  Would really put a spanner in the works if he was out for a considerable amount of time.

Not seen it yet, just a s*** tackle near the end of the first half I take it?

It was about 3 minutes before half time.  The top of his foot came in to contact with the bottom of a boot.  I thought that it was his ankle at first but it wasn't that far up his foot.