Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Surely there was a loud penny drop for Pardew after those subs. Even he must have noticed we were more confident, more menacing and more threatening. Sure enough, the goal came.

People like to overcomplicate football but the basics are simple - play attackers and just try to score.

I'd love to think Saturday was a turning point but we've been burnt before.

:nope:

Hahaha what have we become? We're completely negative in opinion whilst being completely neutral in emotion. I suppose the answer would be that you're being realistic ATB. This club, seriously.

Guest hydeous

If (and that's a big IF!) we don't have injuries to key players, I think this side will gain confidence slowly enough and we'll see the Cabaye we all want to see this season - tireless, confident and creative.

We need his free kicks and his accurate passing.

I'm still strangely optimistic.

Just hoy in your best players is what Sven did to no avail.

Seeing as how i've never seen half the side have a prolonged run of good form, I don't even know who our best players are.

You must surely know that they are fairly indubitably Krul, Coloccini, Cabaye and Ben Arfa on the evidence of the last 2 years? Indeed, the frequent absence of all 4 last year was a large reason (not as large as the manager) that we were shit.

Just hoy in your best players is what Sven did to no avail.

Seeing as how i've never seen half the side have a prolonged run of good form, I don't even know who our best players are.

Well yeah the team needs to be balanced to a point as well as for our best XI personally its the team that ended the game against Fulham but Anita for Gouffran.

Obviously bigger tests to come though and certain players need to be seen that they can play together.

Must admit i was expecting some form of Gallic grovelling long before now. The entire nation surrendered to Germany in 6 weeks and we dont even get an apology for his treachery.

Its coming to something when we can't even subjugate the French

Must admit i was expecting some form of Gallic grovelling long before now. The entire nation surrendered to Germany in 6 weeks and we dont even get an apology for his treachery.

Its coming to something when we can't even subjugate the French

:lol:

David Ginola: 'Newcastle United must forgive Yohan Cabaye'

Former Newcastle United man David Ginola has pleaded with the club's fans to forgive Yohan Cabaye.

The Frenchman reportedly went on strike towards the end of the summer in order to force through a transfer to Arsenal, after the Magpies turned down an offer from the Gunners for the player.

However, Cabaye has since remained on Tyneside and Ginola feels that the supporters should put the saga behind them.

"He's a great player - he's done really good for the club," Ginola told reporters.

"You have to put things in perspective. Sometimes you make a mistake and you have to be forgiven for that.

"As soon as he steps back on the football pitch at St James' Park he will wear the zebra shirt and that will be it, he will be back on track."

Former Newcastle United man David Ginola has pleaded with the club's fans to forgive Yohan Cabaye.

The Frenchman reportedly went on strike towards the end of the summer in order to force through a transfer to Arsenal, after the Magpies turned down an offer from the Gunners for the player.

However, Cabaye has since remained on Tyneside and Ginola feels that the supporters should put the saga behind them.

"He's a great player - he's done really good for the club," Ginola told reporters.

"You have to put things in perspective. Sometimes you make a mistake and you have to be forgiven for that.

"As soon as he steps back on the football pitch at St James' Park he will wear the zebra shirt and that will be it, he will be back on track."

He always says zebra shirt for some reason.

http://www.johnniebrocks.com/Images/ProductImages/2152.jpg

:scared:

He always says zebra shirt for some reason.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1rkfo4obP1r9sq92o1_500.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/13/yohan-cabaye-newcastle-alan-pardew

Alan Pardew is confident Yohan Cabaye is fully committed to Newcastle United after the disappointment of seeing a proposed move to Arsenal fall through last month.

Pardew's French midfielder briefly went on strike, declining to play in the defeat at Manchester City and draw at home with West Ham United, after Newcastle rejected Arsène Wenger's £10m bid. However, Cabaye is expected to start Saturday's game at Aston Villa.

"I haven't really needed to speak to Yohan, if I'm honest," Newcastle's manager said. "I can just see how he is by his demeanour, which is spot on. I did speak to him, of course, but not at great length. We had a conversation. I didn't have to coax him in any manner. I had a little discussion about the window shutting, about his new baby girl and you can just tell that he's in a place where he has turned a corner.

"Sometimes players don't turn that corner. I have seen that with guys I played with and also managed. They continue the process of wearing the disappointment – let me put it that way."

Although privately furious with Cabaye last month, Pardew is now in forgiving mood. "It must have been a difficult period for Yohan as well," he said. "He would have been influenced by his agents, who obviously had a stake in the transfer.

"I'm not saying he was perfect in the way he handled it – I don't think he was – but the one thing I do know about Yohan is that he's a very focused person. He's the type of guy if you put the finishing line there, he doesn't look to the sides, he looks at the line. I think that has helped to turn him around. You can tell his eyes are firmly fixed on Newcastle and France," Pardew added.

It helps that Cabaye's personality, at times a powerful influence in Newcastle's increasingly Francophone dressing room, is appealing. "Yohan is a person you can't help but like," Pardew said. "We can all make decisions around decisions that might not be right, but that's not to say his character has changed. It hasn't.

"The players really like Yohan, so do the staff and so do I. We were willing and wanting him to stay. There was a lot of that going on. For everybody, particularly the French players, it was important that he stayed."

It probably helps Newcastle's cause that Cabaye is desperate to cement his place in a France stride striving to qualify for next summer's World Cup in Brazil. "We could have a good number of players at the World Cup so it's important for them to have good seasons here," agreed Pardew.

"Several – Yohan, Hatem Ben Arfa, Mathieu Debuchy, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Yoan Gouffran – are vying for that French team while Shola Ameobi has a chance with Nigeria and Cheik Tioté, too, with Ivory Coast."

"Alan Pardew is confident Yohan Cabaye is fully committed to (playing well for) Newcastle United after the disappointment of seeing a proposed move to Arsenal fall through last month and putting himself firmly in the shop window."

His best performance(s) this season will be against Arsenal.