Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Rob Scanlon ‏@RobScanlon_TV 7m

"I'm living day by day & I'm happy about my situation. I'm playing for a big team in England and just want to keep going so now God's gonna choose for me" Yohan Cabaye speaking about his future today to me. My take, for what it's worth, is that he's probably going to go in the summer as the club's ambitions (top 10) don't quite match his. He's 28 in a few days and rightly is very ambitious. Credit to the club for putting him up for interview. He obviously really likes Newcastle but misses Champs League football. Understandable.

The difference between a player like Cabaye committing long term future for us is basically some outward ambition. FFS just having a go at the cup + opening up the transfer kitty a bit more + the manager/owner in the press saying "WE WANT to challenge for the top because we are top club..." And people's heads turn, and they begin to believe. its a very basic and simple principle. Our massive support, our massive stadium, our ability to unearth and sway these "contract" player issues to collect an excellent crop of undervalued talent (when purchased) and a player like Yohan Cabaye who is a consummate professional, one of the main men of his national side, and he'll be here for another 4-5 years.

Its a joke man, all of the potential in the world to be a top side but the owner is a fucking tight prick. Makes me sick.

"I'm living day by day & I'm happy about my situation. I'm playing for a big team in England and just want to keep going so now God's gonna choose for me" Yohan Cabaye speaking about his future today to me. My take, for what it's worth, is that he's probably going to go in the summer as the club's ambitions (top 10) don't quite match his. He's 28 in a few days and rightly is very ambitious. Credit to the club for putting him up for interview. He obviously really likes Newcastle but misses Champs League football. Understandable.

The difference between a player like Cabaye committing long term future for us is basically some outward ambition. FFS just having a go at the cup + opening up the transfer kitty a bit more + the manager/owner in the press saying "WE WANT to challenge for the top because we are top club..." And people's heads turn, and they begin to believe. its a very basic and simple principle. Our massive support, our massive stadium, our ability to unearth and sway these "contract" player issues to collect an excellent crop of undervalued talent (when purchased) and a player like Yohan Cabaye who is a consummate professional, one of the main men of his national side, and he'll be here for another 4-5 years.

Its a joke man, all of the potential in the world to be a top side but the owner is a fucking tight prick. Makes me sick.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3h

Massadio Haïdara on Cabaye: 'He is a genuine person who has worked to get to this level. He has the ability to play at a bigger club.'

Massadio Haïdara on Cabaye: 'PSG or Arsenal for him? For me it would be Arsenal for him. That will be a decision he takes!' #NUFC #AFC #PSG

:anguish:

:clap:

Guest neesy111

Haidara should get fined for comments like that.

He should say he hopes he stays but not suggesting which club he should/will chose and not saying he should play for a bigger club.

Manager should be fining himself every week then.

Haidara should get fined for comments like that.

He should say he hopes he stays but not suggesting which club he should/will chose and not saying he should play for a bigger club.

Manager should be fining himself every week then.

Know what you mean but, it's a different thing saying "an offer x and we would have to sell" (which still is stupid by Pardew) or "he should play for a bigger club".

needs to watch his temper could easily have picked up a 2nd yellow today

The ref wound the players up. It's impossible to play in a match like that where the referee is actively cheating against you and expect to be able to keep your cool throughout.