Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye likes Pardew for some reason I think. Hated Kinnear but iirc called Pardew a good coach when he joined PSG

Footballer in enjoying an easy ride shocker.

He's not going to Palace man, come on.

:lol: I'm absolutely certain it will happen.

Why would he go there though Mike? It can't be because of Pardew. It just can't be.

I'm here tbh, :lol: He left to get away from the man. :lol:

:lol: I have no recollection of their relationship being bad. I know he wanted to go to Arsenal or whatever, but I don't remember the two of them being on bad terms. If no CL club is calling and offering serious minutes. He'll go to Palace. It'll be sickening.

The next step after a champions league club isn't Crystal Palace though Mike

:lol: Oh no doubt. But like I said, he wants minutes. He knows there's loads of them waiting with f***ing Pardew. He'll go there if it's his best option. Villa might be a risk he can't afford at his age. Pardew? s***, Pardew f***ing loves him.

But Crystal Palace are a small club. They've never been close to getting into the Champions League. A lot of French people have probably never heard of them. He'd be better off going back to Lille if his only ambition is to play regular football so he can play for France in the Euros

The point is being in the PL (and money but he's got that covered). Palace might be small but it's in London. The manager will make him the main man, he knows this for a fact.

It's funny how some seem to think he dislikes Pardew. Even funnier that some feel Pardew was the reason he left lol.

Still should do better mind. But if money wasn't an option I could see him turning down Everton for Palace because of location.

AT Newcastle we seem to think players care about playing for a "big" club and playing at SJP. But if money, Europe & location are not a factor it's things like relationships which are more important.

Like Brummie said he was Villa bound until Houllier.

Also the only time clubs like Palace pull in top players is when they pay ludicrous wages, like West Ham and QPR have been doing. Newcastle has always had a pull for players, even now when we're probably the most shoddily run club in the country.

Also the only time clubs like Palace pull in top players is when they pay ludicrous wages, like West Ham and QPR have been doing. Newcastle has always had a pull for players, even now when we're probably the most shoddily run club in the country.

:thup: French internationals don't go to teams like Crystal Palace unless there are massive wages involved. Newcastle may not be great anymore but we are a known club throughout Europe, Crystal Palace are a small club that pay average wages

:thup: French internationals don't go to teams like Crystal Palace unless there are massive wages involved. Newcastle may not be great anymore but we are a known club throughout Europe, Crystal Palace are a small club that pay average wages

He needs to play first team football to play in the biggest tournament his country has played in for nearly 20 years. He knows Pardew. He won't give a f*** about Palace and if he plays like he did again for us there, he'll probably be close to the starting eleven again and pick up a move to a better club after the Euros. I could see his reasons for going.

He needs to play first team football to play in the biggest tournament his country has played in for nearly 20 years. He knows Pardew. He won't give a f*** about Palace and if he plays like he did again for us there, he'll probably be close to the starting eleven again and pick up a move to a better club after the Euros. I could see his reasons for going.

By that time he'll be 30, 6 months off 31.  Go to Palace now and that'll be it for him.  Probably leave a legend cause they've never had a player like that before

As sbnufc said if he goes to Palace he will never play for a decent club again no matter how well he plays. He'll either finish his career there or go to Turkey or Russia. Also if he was to go to Palace he would have to play outstandingly well to get in the French squad because the French national team management aren't going to be looking at a small Premier League team for first choice midfielders for their side

Is anyone saying he hates Pardew, or that Pardew is the reason he left?

Mole does:

He's not going to Palace man, come on.

:lol: I'm absolutely certain it will happen.

Why would he go there though Mike? It can't be because of Pardew. It just can't be.

I'm here tbh, :lol: He left to get away from the man. :lol:

Also....

The only time top players play for any club is when they pay top wages. Only 4-7 clubs have been able to out do us in the transfer market in England over the last couple decades. If Palace could exceed us financially more players would chose them over us. Nobody cares that we finished 2nd twenty years ago.

There's not a lot of difference between playing for Newcastle, Villa, Swansea, Stoke or Crystal Palace when it comes to international football call-ups. There's a lot of delusion on here today.

But couldn't he play for someone better than all of those?

Delusion man :lol:

I know fine well we haven't been outbidding anyone, yet, seemingly without even trying whilst actively not trying, we've managed to attract good players for years now. Few of which would have joined Crystal Palace unless they payed vastly higher wages.

This isn;t even an argument of us v Palace though, I can see no reason why Cabaye would go there unless he really, really wanted to return to the Premiership and it was literally between them and Stoke, or something like that. If he has an offer from Everton he'll go there I'd imagine.

There's not a lot of difference between playing for Newcastle, Villa, Swansea, Stoke or Crystal Palace when it comes to international football call-ups. There's a lot of delusion on here today.

I'd argue that for a French international there would be benefit to playing at a club with Sissoko and Cabella than at a club with no other French internationals, even if there will be little in the league placings of the mentioned clubs