Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

We're so jinxed :(

What if Pardew is actually good, our players were just s****

You know where the door is son.

What if Palace actually do get top 6?

They won't

Doubt anyone thought we'd get 5th with Pardew as manager. They might (even if it is 1% chance).  Then what? :lol:

I'm trying to be deadly serious by the way. I have no idea how I'd react.

It's not going to happen :thup: Absolutely no chance.

Guest chopey

I think some fans develop affinities with players way too much too soon.

A bit like going on one date with a girl then stabbing her eyes out with a fork when she sleeps with someone else?

Its absolutely nothing like that

Players wanting gone in the last 3 years had nothing to do with YOU and all to do with the man who owns the club we all love.

So before you high horse it, the club you and we all love has been degraded so far that even when you consider how highly regarded we could be by a player in his mid 20s, he still has to leave because the owner doesn't see or want to embrace the reality that Newcastle is one of the biggest clubs in England and in Europe.

Absolutely brilliant player who could see first hand the lack of ambition at NUFC (we sold him and replaced him with Colback on a free) and fair play to him for coming out and speaking up about it. Good luck to him at Palace, he's a top player and they've done well to get him. Good players come here to put themselves in the shop window. The club have proven over the past 8 years that they have no interest in winning trophies or competing in the upper regions of the league, simply finishing outside the bottom 3 is considered as "job done" for the season yet some mugs still criticise the likes of Cabaye for leaving.

So sad to see him last night, awesome player that could have been close to an legend with us :(

Should have built a team around him instead of selling it but that would gave pushed us into the European places and the club have already stated that's not where they want to be.

Players wanting gone in the last 3 years had nothing to do with YOU and all to do with the man who owns the club we all love.

So before you high horse it, the club you and we all love has been degraded so far that even when you consider how highly regarded we could be by a player in his mid 20s, he still has to leave because the owner doesn't see or want to embrace the reality that Newcastle is one of the biggest clubs in England and in Europe.

I'm not blaming cabaye for leaving. But going as far as not wanting to play a game and now trivialising the 3-0 (not any different than Pardew's 'heavy handed' comment) certainly leaves me irritated at him. There's no guarantee that Cabaye would have stayed had we showed more ambition. Losing players happens to bigger clubs, still.

Was a good player for us but fuck off should he be any more than that.

Cabaye was - and is - a very good player ; he was very keen to see the club progress after his excellent first season and was probably instrumental in getting Debuchy and other French players interested in joining NUFC, but he soon realised that the club was never going to fulfil its potential under Ashley and his minions so he eventually became disillusioned and left.

In doing so, he has done just what many of the club's own supporters have done by refusing to renew STs and nobody could blame them for that so we can't make Cabaye out to be just a mercenary...he certainly WAS that to a degree, but no more so than many foreign players with English clubs and it could be argued that he thought more about NUFC than many other foreign players do about the club they play for.

I certainly don't blame him for trying to do the best for himself and he would probably have still been a Newcastle player if we had progressed after finishing 5th.

He will do well for Palace and he won't be the last Newcastle player to leave for a more ambitious club in the next few years.....