Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Bert Shaft

Thought Cabaye was a great player but I'm in the "f*ck him, since he went on strike" camp.

The biggest disappointment  when he left is that no one was brought in to replace him.

Thought Cabaye was a great player but I'm in the "f*ck him, since he went on strike" camp.

The biggest disappointment  when he left is that no one was brought in to replace him.

I'd go on strike if I worked for such a toxic organization and they were getting in the way of me leaving.

Hell, I'm effectively on strike as a fan right now.

Disappointed to see him sign for such a nothing team, but I can't really blame him too much.  He gets to play for a manager who will let him do pretty much whatever he wants, he's pretty much guaranteed to play every week and be the biggest fish in a very small pond, plus he's going to be paid a truckload of cash to do so

Tbf as much as it makes me sick Cabaye left us for CL football and then went crawling back to Pardew for a worse team he's not got long left in his tank and if he never left here he may very well have kept Pardew in his position. The happy clappers will have been more subdued with a few more decent results.

Good luck to him, but I have to question why he would be happy working under Pardew again after what he saw here and the gulf in training methods to PSG. Reeks of desperation, he wanted out, Pardew gave him an angle.

I can't believe that a nothing club like Palace is now an actual thing to waste energy hating on due to Pardew, Cabaye and their ever delusional fans.

I spent some time in South London and worked alongside a few Palace fans, and goodness me were they deluded, and this was in the late 1990s, when they were in the first division. Some of the nuggets they would throw were baffling, "we'd beat Real Madrid, mate, if only we got a chance to play'em..."

I can't believe he left months ago and Pardew still gets under my skin, I think it's the fact people still genuinely believe he's a good manager. I'll be glad when the wheels finally come flying off at Palace, the fucking cuntbag.