Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I can't believe he left months ago and Pardew still gets under my skin, I think it's the fact people still genuinely believe he's a good manager. I'll be glad when the wheels finally come flying off at Palace, the fucking cuntbag.

Can't wait until he takes over from Wenger and wins the Premiership at the first time of asking. With Cabaye as captain. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank fuck Palace have a dope in charge, got the makings of a decent & exciting team to watch.

If it wasn't for that prick in charge I'd actually have a lot of time for Palace, their fans are top notch an all.

I think if Palace start the season well they'll have a decent year, in which case we'll have to batten down the hatches. If the rot sets in early we all know he doesn't have a Scooby how to turn it round, fingers crossed...

Guest firetotheworks

Thank fuck Palace have a dope in charge, got the makings of a decent & exciting team to watch.

If it wasn't for that prick in charge I'd actually have a lot of time for Palace, their fans are top notch an all.

In my experience...Hmm, not so much like.

:thup: decent club ran in the right way and as you say, really good home support.

Guest reefatoon

The combination of Pardew and Cabaye didn't help us the season we were nearly relegated and we had better players then too. What makes you think it will be any different at Palace? Same shit manager and a player who's best years will be behind him now. They will be sniffing around the bottom all season, Pardew has had his little good spell like he always has, back to being utter shit again this season, and Cabaye won't save it.

The floated set penis to Dann worked pretty well last season to be fair.

Just underlines Pardew's stupidity in continuing to use it when he didn't have the players for it at Newcastle.

• 4 weeks later...
Yohan Cabaye has questioned the ambition of Newcastle United and Mike Ashley, admitting that sometimes the club did things he couldn’t “understand”.

Cabaye has joined Crystal Palace and former boss Alan Pardew for a new season in an attempt to force his way into France’s European Championship plans. But he says he still has a fondness for United, a club that “should be one of the best in the country”.

Here are the highlights of his interview with the Daily Mail ahead of a new season.

ON MIKE ASHLEY AND NEWCASTLE:

“It is hard for me to describe that club. Newcastle, for me, should be one of the best in the country. They have got the stadium, training ground, fans. They have everything you need. But sometimes they did things I cannot understand.

“Maybe it is the owner’s (Mike Ashley) mentality, I don’t know. But it is a shame for me because Newcastle has to be one of the biggest teams in the country. I loved the club.”

ON THE ‘UNFAIR’ CRITICISM OF ALAN PARDEW:

“It started soon after I had gone,’ he says. ‘Three days after (I went) it was the derby (a 3-0 defeat against Sunderland) and the fans were mad and wanted to blame someone and they got on the manager. For me, it was not fair for him.”

ON JOE KINNEAR CALLING HIM ‘KEBAB’:

I only ever saw him a few months later when I left for Paris Saint-Germain. That was the only time. He did not apologise, but that was OK. I was not mad. It was funny for me.’

WHY HE LEFT PARIS SAINT GERMAIN:

“I worked hard to change the situation but unfortunately for me it didn’t (happen). I really wanted to play more.

“Next summer is very important to me — the European Championship is in France and I am French. I want to be in the squad and to do that I need to be on the pitch.

“People say they are surprised I came, but I was very happy when he called.”

Yohan Cabaye has questioned the ambition of Newcastle United and Mike Ashley, admitting that sometimes the club did things he couldn’t “understand”.

Cabaye has joined Crystal Palace and former boss Alan Pardew for a new season in an attempt to force his way into France’s European Championship plans. But he says he still has a fondness for United, a club that “should be one of the best in the country”.

Here are the highlights of his interview with the Daily Mail ahead of a new season.

ON MIKE ASHLEY AND NEWCASTLE:

“It is hard for me to describe that club. Newcastle, for me, should be one of the best in the country. They have got the stadium, training ground, fans. They have everything you need. But sometimes they did things I cannot understand.

“Maybe it is the owner’s (Mike Ashley) mentality, I don’t know. But it is a shame for me because Newcastle has to be one of the biggest teams in the country. I loved the club.”

ON THE ‘UNFAIR’ CRITICISM OF ALAN PARDEW:

“It started soon after I had gone,’ he says. ‘Three days after (I went) it was the derby (a 3-0 defeat against Sunderland) and the fans were mad and wanted to blame someone and they got on the manager. For me, it was not fair for him.”

ON JOE KINNEAR CALLING HIM ‘KEBAB’:

I only ever saw him a few months later when I left for Paris Saint-Germain. That was the only time. He did not apologise, but that was OK. I was not mad. It was funny for me.’

WHY HE LEFT PARIS SAINT GERMAIN:

“I worked hard to change the situation but unfortunately for me it didn’t (happen). I really wanted to play more.

“Next summer is very important to me — the European Championship is in France and I am French. I want to be in the squad and to do that I need to be on the pitch.

“People say they are surprised I came, but I was very happy when he called.”

Cunt

Fans wanted someone to blame for a string of embarrassing derby defeats and somehow decided that the man who picks and prepares the team was the most deserving of abuse?

Lunatics.

He's hardly going to be critical of him now he's signed him anyway but think he legitimately likes him, which is bonkers. Everything else he said is fine, the only grudge I have against him is still why on earth go to Crystal Palace, surely there were better offers (again must be Pardew love ffs) but meh I still like the dreamboat. It'll be horrible watching him play for Cuntface again at that shitty team.  :'(