Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Quite fitting that he ended up playing for a smaller club than us in the end after his head got too big to fit in our dressing room. That too under Pardew. Not that I blame any player for having ambition where we had none, but he just wasn't that good.

Still remember the high that I was on after the man u match where he curled in that free kick. Wor lass still dreams of the scuttling she took when I got in later on so for that reason I can never hate the bloke.

I don't like Yohan Cabaye one bit but he's a bottler because he had a penalty saved? Bottlers (in that sense) don't usually reach the age of 30 with a perfect penalty record, like.

Of course he bottled it, he let the pressure get the better of him and took a shit penalty. Probably never taken a pen in such circumstances before (against former club, used to be adored by their fans, could send them down, just been hurled a load of abuse taking a corner 1 minute previously in the Strawberry corner), words from Anita and Cisse also probably put some doubt in his mind.

If Darlow went the wrong way nobody would've said a word, though. There's a difference between it being an imperfect strike (which it was, obviously) and a bottle job. Honestly, people don't half let their emotions produce some daft and pointless posts on here.

Guest chicken little

just watching on motd2... how hard are this guy's nips when he goes up for the pen? crikey

Again, let's not make it about Cabaye - and let's talk about the fantastic work between the goal posts that our 3rd string keeper put in that match and on that moment that very well could be a key deciding moment in us retaining our premier league status.

Again, let's not make it about Cabaye - and let's talk about the fantastic work between the goal posts that our 3rd string keeper put in that match and on that moment that very well could be a key deciding moment in us retaining our premier league status.

Aye at the end of the day Darlow still had to get it right. He made some belter saves throughout.

KARL DARLOW-OH

ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOUR SOOUL

YOU'VE GOT THE POWER TO KNOW

YOU INDESTRUCTABLE

ALWAYS BELIEVE IIIN

:thup:

• 2 weeks later...
"To be honest, no," Cabaye, 30, answered when asked if he ever thought he'd play in the cup final.

"At Newcastle the cup runs were very bad and now I have the opportunity to play in a big game.

"The FA Cup semi-final (win over Watford) was fantastic, the atmosphere was very good and yeah, I am disappointed I didn't get that with Newcastle.

"The cup has always been important (to Pardew), even at Newcastle. Maybe the group mentality is different.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-18/yohan-cabaye-excited-about-fa-cup-final-after-losing-faith-at-newcastle/

Guest neesy111

"To be honest, no," Cabaye, 30, answered when asked if he ever thought he'd play in the cup final.

"At Newcastle the cup runs were very bad and now I have the opportunity to play in a big game.

"The FA Cup semi-final (win over Watford) was fantastic, the atmosphere was very good and yeah, I am disappointed I didn't get that with Newcastle.

"The cup has always been important (to Pardew), even at Newcastle. Maybe the group mentality is different.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-18/yohan-cabaye-excited-about-fa-cup-final-after-losing-faith-at-newcastle/

FUCK OFF

Totally forgot about this. Pleased I'm going out so won't see it, Palace V Man Utd.........hope for game abandaned due to both teams being reduced to 7 players due to long term but non career threatening injuries.

Totally forgot about this. Pleased I'm going out so won't see it, Palace V Man Utd.........hope for game abandaned due to both teams being reduced to 7 players due to long term but non career threatening injuries.

Career threatening would be preferable.