Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

We were his first choice by all accounts. He's just quick to not bite the hand that currently feeds him.

Couldn't agree more. I do agree that Ashley held us back from going places after finishing 5th, but that's only because he refused to sack Pardew ironically. There was the making of a really good team with a few quality additions including a new manager.

We were his first choice by all accounts. He's just quick to not bite the hand that currently feeds him.

Couldn't agree more. I do agree that Ashley held us back from going places after finishing 5th, but that's only because he refused to sack Pardew ironically. There was the making of a really good team with a few quality additions including a new manager.

We should have built on from 5th by sacking Pardew, installing a real good name manager, and shored up the defense. Colo needed a bruiser partner with pace, and we needed to sign Debuchy sooner. Assuming those January signings all could have come in far sooner and integrated into the team as well. Madness.

Criticizing Ashley is always pretty much right - and he's ALWAYS going to praise Pardew, remember he's a short sighted footballer who will only look at surface level things simply - his best football was at Newcastle. His best football, sadly, was under Pardew, and he's only putting those 2 together. His final is that Pardew let him run the place (which could have been right?) but also never criticized him or challenged him. The refusing to play thing was uncalled for and he still got off free and then basically played out Of his skin.

My anger is that he was exactly what we needed to sign to play deep for us. And we had more than enough money to buy him in addition to the rest we brought in.

He's hardly going to be critical of him now he's signed him anyway but think he legitimately likes him, which is bonkers. Everything else he said is fine, the only grudge I have against him is still why on earth go to Crystal Palace, surely there were better offers (again must be Pardew love ffs) but meh I still like the dreamboat. It'll be horrible watching him play for Cuntface again at that shitty team.  :'(

He likes him because no other manager will indulge him as much as Pardew. 

We should have built on from 5th by sacking Pardew, installing a real good name manager, and shored up the defense. Colo needed a bruiser partner with pace, and we needed to sign Debuchy sooner. Assuming those January signings all could have come in far sooner and integrated into the team as well. Madness.

Criticizing Ashley is always pretty much right - and he's ALWAYS going to praise Pardew, remember he's a short sighted footballer who will only look at surface level things simply - his best football was at Newcastle. His best football, sadly, was under Pardew, and he's only putting those 2 together. His final is that Pardew let him run the place (which could have been right?) but also never criticized him or challenged him. The refusing to play thing was uncalled for and he still got off free and then basically played out Of his skin.

My anger is that he was exactly what we needed to sign to play deep for us. And we had more than enough money to buy him in addition to the rest we brought in.

Ironically I always felt Cabaye could have made even more impact in a proper football team with a manager who believed in playing it on the deck more. Yet he's ended up with Pardew again. He's right to have a pop at Ashley, but no one's fooled, he only went to Palace because he needed to be playing first team football for the Euros next year, and more desirable teams weren't going to pay £13m for someone about to hit 30.

Got to love how predictable Pards is.

You know it's almost as though if a flair player starts getting too much plaudits, he takes offense to it, and holds it against them, being the workman clogger he was.

I'd watch but I can't bear the sight of Cabaye in a Palace shirt.

I can bear the sight of him looking miserable in it, as Glenn Murray struggles to plod his way onto any of his passes.