Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Heneage

Last summer showed we are quite happy to do deals late in the window. Tiote joined with 5 days to go so I wouldn't rule out further signings personally, I say that also admitting I would not be surprised if no one came in.

Last summer showed we are quite happy to do deals late in the window. Tiote joined with 5 days to go so I wouldn't rule out further signings personally, I say that also admitting I would not be surprised if no one came in.

A lot can happen before the window closes. We have already bought 4 new players, that's more than most clubs..

Amongst all the gloom it's good to see Cabaye is providing some bright spots. From what the resident French expert on Talksport was saying I don't think people have quite realised what a good player we might have here.

I defended Nolan constantly last season and am very thankful for what he did but I really think Cabaye could add so much more to the team (I have a feeling anyway).

If we ever get Tiote back It's hard to believe we will get over run nearly as often in midfield, two players with pace, who are more than happy to put a foot in and give the ball away less than I make a funny joke.

Really looking forward to this partnership, should also give our attacking players many more opportunities. Really excited about the pace we are adding to this side.

Cabaye has a eye for the best pass on the pitch, which means should Cuntenkrands or Shita actually get a game, they won't be getting the ball. Great signing.

Dare i say someone like long would benefit from playing with him?

I defended Nolan constantly last season and am very thankful for what he did but I really think Cabaye could add so much more to the team (I have a feeling anyway).

If we ever get Tiote back It's hard to believe we will get over run nearly as often in midfield, two players with pace, who are more than happy to put a foot in and give the ball away less than I make a funny joke.

Really looking forward to this partnership, should also give our attacking players many more opportunities. Really excited about the pace we are adding to this side.

Massive upgrade on Nolan tbh.

Don't think that adjective gets used enough, at least not in a positive sense.  :troll: