Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye has a eye for the best pass on the pitch, which means should Cuntenkrands or Shita actually get a game, they won't be getting the ball. Great signing.

:lol: Cuntenkrands.

Cabaye has a eye for the best pass on the pitch, which means should Cuntenkrands or Shita actually get a game, they won't be getting the ball. Great signing.

I can work with that  :D Shita in this context is instantly recognisable to be fair.

Anyway, Yeshan Classbaye is shaping up to be one sexy, gallic bastard.

That's just awful. His official nickname is Lovenkrap, I'd appreciate it if everyone stuck to the script.  :coolsmiley:

Him and Tiote in the middle of the park is so mouthwatering. We're not gonna loose the ball,

until it is passed to Lovenkrands or Ameobi :troll:

Hahahaha made me laugh!

At least Cabaye is a positive on all the negatives we've had this season with transfers, really look forward to our midfield this season, Just wheres the strikeforce?

If by 'long' you mean Leon Best, yes.

Best had it handed to him on a plate from Cabaye on more than one occasion today, and fluffed it. I like Leon but i think you're setting yourself up for a fall with the lad, Ron.

Shola isn't getting on the end of chances, though. He's ambling around, falling over and trying to conserve his energy in the hope a cross will eventually land on his head. He's looked shocking throughout pre-season.

If by 'long' you mean Leon Best, yes.

Best had it handed to him on a plate from Cabaye on more than one occasion today, and fluffed it. I like Leon but i think you're setting yourself up for a fall with the lad, Ron.

Twice. And one of them was at the stage where the ball was starting to stick on the pitch. Only the first one was really bad. A worse miss was Lovenkrands(?) in the second half when Ba hooked it across the goal and the little cunt contrived to fall over a yard from goal.

Best's all round play was quite good today imo. I also didn't see this 'lively' Shola whatsoever - apart from when he dumped someone on their arse, nicked the ball, span, and accurately passed the ball to the Fiorentina centre-forward.

Any one of our strikers would've latched onto that pass. Shola would've finished it tbh.

Seriously, given the option of Best, Shola or Lovens who would you pick every game?

Best. :pow: That comment was tongue in cheek, though i would rate Shola as a better finisher - it's the lad's only dependable attribute (aside from superhero-like performances against the Mackems). I'm just yet to be fully convinced on Leon, that's all it is. He's our second best centre-forward though, in general play.

Agree about the Lovenkrands chance, Pilko. Don't know how that didn't end up in the back of the net - was mad. Didn't think Best was up to much at all today, though. Was glad to see him replaced. Shola was alright, picked it up and ran with a bit of purpose. Couple of clangers in there, mind.

Shola isn't getting on the end of chances, though. He's ambling around, falling over and trying to conserve his energy in the hope a cross will eventually land on his head. He's looked shocking throughout pre-season.

He's just building (slowly) towards that derby day and then when he's done he'll slip into a coma or something till the next one comes around