Twitter nonsense

Thespence

3 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

For me it's Dalglish, for what he did to Keegan's side as I used to care alot more back then. Souness also for Robson.

But Carver and Bruce actively made me embarrassed to support the club, I lost interest completely. The last year to 18 months of Pardew tenure too. 

It was always only Ashley that made me embarrassed to support the club.  The managers he appointed just did what shit managers do

Dalglish gave my mates ticked for the manu final outside of Wembley. 
I’ve no hate for the man. As previously said he was hamstrung by a shift in the team structure he couldn’t do anything about as he wasn’t a technical manager. 

On 19/02/2022 at 05:26, madras said:

With Dalglish Shearer got injured, Ferdinand was agreed away by yhe board to balance the books, Howey and Albert started getting injured, Beardsley was on the way down. People try to make out it was a deliberate dismantling almost out of spite when it wasn't, for many Keegan left because there was a huge rebuild needed and the money wasn't there to do it to the same level.

Dalglish was horrific - and the amount of money he had is grossly under-estimated - he spent £30million between the summer of 97 and 98. Which was more than Keegan spent in 96 on Tino, Batty and Shearer which was the only real splurge.

Only Given, Pearce and Dabizas that he signed and played under him were good. Speed was poor until Gullit came in.

Serrant, Georgiadis, Tomasson, Guivarch, Andersson, Rush, Pinas, his son and Perez were inexcusably rotten signings. As was the football played and the games and riddles in interviews.

Don't even dislike him but he was utterly s**t for us.

Edited by Wolfcastle

8 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Dalglish was horrific - and the amount of money he had is grossly under-estimated - he spent £30million between the summer of 97 and 98. Which was more than Keegan spent in 96 on Tino, Batty and Shearer which was the only real splurge.

Only Given, Pearce and Dabizas that he signed and played under him were good. Speed was poor until Gullit came in.

Serrant, Georgiadis, Tomasson, Guivarch, Andersson, Rush, Pinas, his son and Perez were inexcusably rotten signings. As was the football played and the games and riddles in interviews.

He signed Solano and Hamann too, right? 

4 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

30million, even then, wasn't a great deal to replace Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Beardsley, Steve Howey.

Can't hate Dalglish like. Baffles me how bad it went, even allowing for the massive disruption of losing Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Beardsley, obviously was a failure, but here's clearly quality, and he took us to a cup final and had one of our most famous nights in history. Also as said, some key signings that went onto be important part of Bobby team. Regarding the shit ones, was he not obliged to sign some filler to an extent due to our lack of a reserve team?

Perez was a second or third choice keeper who never played a game, so not really sure why that one gets highlighted. 

Tomasson in hindsight seems like a good signing that was let go too quickly - and relied on too much too quickly due to loss of Shearer.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

It wasn't Tomasson's fault, but I think the notion he 'proved us wrong' is a bit misleading.

After us he went back to Holland, scored goals just as he had prior to joining us, and then used that form to move to Milan on a fee transfer. He only really had one good season there in front of goal there and that coincided with a league title. If you look at the totality of his career he never proved himself to be anything more than a 1 in 3 man at best in a top European league. There's nothing wrong with that, but he wasn't quite as pedigreed as some would believe.

13 hours ago, madras said:

30million, even then, wasn't a great deal to replace Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Beardsley, Steve Howey.

He had Howey, Sir Bobby sold him years later and he chose to sell Ginola and Beardsley. Ferdinand was more a PLC decision (that money was then wasted on Andersson and Guivarch).

In the same time-frame and on less Arsenal won the league and Chelsea 3cups and sailed past us - both were previously behind us.

Not actually sure if anybody spent more.

Would have took a Hendy, a Pires/Collins (for Ginola) and 1good instead of 3woeful forwards.

Keegan built the team that nearly won the league - Ginola, Hislop, Gillespie, Barton and Ferdinand on the sales of Cole, Venison, Mathie, Neilson, Fox and Sellars almost to the penny.

Edited by Wolfcastle

There was no real good reason to dismantle the team, despite selling Sir Les for "PLC" reasons i think all of that was a load of bullshit. Tommason was a good signing and should have been properly groomed under Big Al and/or Sir Les. Ginola should never have been sold for any good reason either and Dalglish for all of his credentials should have known better. I blame Kenny a lot - because he came in with a phenomenal resume and did fuck all with those credentials. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

He had Howey, Sir Bobby sold him years later and he chose to sell Ginola and Beardsley. Ferdinand was more a PLC decision (that money was then wasted on Andersson and Guivarch).

In the same time-frame and on less Arsenal won the league and Chelsea 3cups and sailed past us - both were previously behind us.

Not actually sure if anybody spent more.

Would have took a Hendy, a Pires/Collins (for Ginola) and 1good instead of 3woeful forwards.

Keegan built the team that nearly won the league - Ginola, Hislop, Gillespie, Barton and Ferdinand on the sales of Cole, Venison, Mathie, Neilson, Fox and Sellars almost to the penny.

Yes he had Howey but he'd started picking up regular injuries that was to dog the rest of his career, Shearer got a long term injury, Ginola had his head turned by Barce and wanted out when he couldn't get that. Beardsley wasn't what he had been. Andersson was a stop gap due to Shearers injury and yes Arsenal built a great team for less.....does that mean every other manager that spent more and won less was rubbish ?

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

There was no real good reason to dismantle the team, despite selling Sir Les for "PLC" reasons i think all of that was a load of bullshit. Tommason was a good signing and should have been properly groomed under Big Al and/or Sir Les. Ginola should never have been sold for any good reason either and Dalglish for all of his credentials should have known better. I blame Kenny a lot - because he came in with a phenomenal resume and did fuck all with those credentials. 

The dismantling was down to age (Beardsley), recurring injuries (Howey), long-term injury (Shearer), Want away (Ginola). IIRC Albert was picking up regular injuries as well. Didn't Asprilla spend a long time.e.out also ?