Twitter nonsense

Thespence

18 minutes ago, Sima said:

Fuck is going on with NUFC Twitter and some comments Pardew has made?

Bloke is an absolute cunt but loads are fawning over him this morning.

Some wanker going on about how we played good football under him. He was an absolute fucking snake from day one, will do anything to ingratiate himself for some cash or recognition 

I turned on him after that Reading game. Couldn't abide the twat. 

Still dislike him but not as vehemently now he's got sod all to do with the club. 

I think he's getting some credence because he's not bitter and slagging us off in the media at every chance like your fat Sam's and Souness etc.

1 hour ago, Likelylad said:

I turned on him after that Reading game. Couldn't abide the twat. 

Still dislike him but not as vehemently now he's got sod all to do with the club. 

I think he's getting some credence because he's not bitter and slagging us off in the media at every chance like your fat Sam's and Souness etc.

Weirdly, Bruce despite being 'a local' may have even replaced him in the hatred ranks. It's helped his cause that he was first replaced by Carver, who was worse, then McClaren who got us relegated (even though not as hated and smarmy), and Bruce who is the worst of the lot. I don't know why but I created a matrix and the data fully supports it. Carver and Bruce are the worst we've had - and ironically they were both Geordies - so that myth of only wanting one of our own is nonsense. 

The main things to judge:

Type of football played? (score out of 3, 0 terrible, 3 great)

Did they have good players to work with? (0 - great players, 3 terrible) 

Mike Ashley compliance (3 = non compliant, 0 = extremely) 

Did they talk us up or down? (0 - talk down, 3 talk up)

Did they get good results? (0 - terrible, 3 great)

Bonus: Will also include where are they from (Geordie 1, Non-Geordie 0)

Pardew - 1.5, 0, 1, 0, 2, 0 = 4.5/16

Carver - 0, 2, 0, 1, 0, 1 - 4/16

McClaren - 2, 1, 1, 1.5, 0, 0 = 5.5 

Benitez - 1.5, 3, 3, 3, 1.5, 0 = 12/16

Bruce - 0, 2, 0, 0, 1, 1 = 4/16

Howe - 2, 2, n/a, 3, 2.5, 0 = 9.5/13

Pardew is a funny one. At the time he was awful and embodied every stereotype of the Ashley era. That said, with a bit of space and time, he does talk us up when it would be easy to do the opposite. 

Offer me a pint with him or Souness and I'm going for Pards all day long.

13 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Pardew is a funny one. At the time he was awful and embodied every stereotype of the Ashley era. That said, with a bit of space and time, he does talk us up when it would be easy to do the opposite. 

Offer me a pint with him or Souness and I'm going for Pards all day long.

I’m going glassing them both in the face, after I drink my pint first of course!

Edited by HTT II

5 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's been discussed at length, Pardew is a cunt. 

^

smarmy cockney

For me it's Dalglish, for what he did to Keegan's side as I used to care alot more back then. Souness also for Robson.

But Carver and Bruce actively made me embarrassed to support the club, I lost interest completely. The last year to 18 months of Pardew tenure too. 

2 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

For me it's Dalglish, for what he did to Keegan's side as I used to care alot more back then. Souness also for Robson.

But Carver and Bruce actively made me embarrassed to support the club, I lost interest completely. The last year to 18 months of Pardew tenure too. 

With Dalglish Shearer got injured, Ferdinand was agreed away by yhe board to balance the books, Howey and Albert started getting injured, Beardsley was on the way down. People try to make out it was a deliberate dismantling almost out of spite when it wasn't, for many Keegan left because there was a huge rebuild needed and the money wasn't there to do it to the same level.

Edited by madras