Twitter nonsense

Thespence

I can already tell our vocal twitter fanbase are going to become mega bellends if we become even remotely successful. I can only imagine what they're going to be like if we DON'T become remotely successful within the next 12 months. :anguish:

CBA to share the tweets but remember those lads wearing those Joelinton Hawaiian shirts at West Ham? Well Steve Wraith decided to auction off a ASM one but passed the shirt off as his idea. One of the lads called him out on it, now Wraith's little cult have all piled in and got his Twitter account suspended.

Cannot wait for that bald Tory wanker to be put out to pasture.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Still get goosebumps off this tune

Shite, some song from a Scottish film with no relevance to Newcastle /ReadyToGroom.*

*Legitimate quote from there.

55 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Shite, some song from a Scottish film with no relevance to Newcastle /ReadyToGroom.*

*Legitimate quote from there.

Their message board is named after a song by Republica which used to get played at the SoS. Unless I'm missing something, there's no local link to that song or the band. Thicker than a Boxing Day shite. 

So fake as well. Seems that's all he has in his locker. A stupid laugh and a cheeky grin. 

Sky sports are desperate to make caricatures out of people. Kamara with the 'unbelievable jeff' shite everytime some believable happens is just awful. 

Richards has realised that Keane's rants have become very popular on twitter and YouTube. Those little 6 minute clips get shared far and wide and I simply think he wants to piggyback on the the popularity. Easiest way to do that is to listen to all of the salient points Keane makes then waits and does his trademark laugh. This will appeal to a sizeable proportion (of fucking morons) who think it's hilarious but he's there to give opinions and laughing in the face of Roy Keane was snide as fuck imo. 

He then follows that up by ranting and raving at more pertinent points that others are trying to make after the ad break. The way he went on was ridiculous and he showed himself up. Empty vessels. 

Think people take it a bit too seriously tbh. Keane is often a risable, humourless person, especially when it comes to Man United. People watch him because he has that about him and laughing at him is a huge part of the appeal. Although Richards goes on like he's had a hot air balloon of nitrous oxide before going on air, they've obviously been put together as a bit of double act and to make light of Roy Keane's over the top cynicism. I'd be staggered if they weren't aware of it, or didn't lean into it.

To me it seems obvious that Sky saw the popularity of Shearer and Wright's camaraderie on MOTD and tried to manufacture their own version of it. The only issue I have with it is that it's clearly inauthentic to me. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Didn't see it live but it's tedious as fuck how a significant percentage of coverage and analysis seems to be motivated by conjuring moments of drama/comedy for onward sharing on social media. "You won't believe what X Pundit did this week!" every week. 

Sky are about 3 steps behind with it all tbh. Authenticity is a huge part of the reason things like The Kick Off are popular imo and they actually have that with Neville and Carragher. MOTD's whole Wright/Shearer banter thing is authentic as well, so it just comes across as obviously set-up when they put Keane and Richards together as this a whacky/straight man comedy duo.

While I’ve no doubt Keane is passionate and has firm views on modern day football and today’s footballers, the penny dropped with me that his grumpiness is somewhat put on when I saw him in that SkyBet advert - the one where he goes to Craven Cottage.

It’s exactly the sort of thing his personality and temperament would have you believe he’d never take part in, but there we go. Presumably money talks.

26 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

While I’ve no doubt Keane is passionate and has firm views on modern day football and today’s footballers, the penny dropped with me that his grumpiness is somewhat put on when I saw him in that SkyBet advert - the one where he goes to Craven Cottage.

It’s exactly the sort of thing his personality and temperament would have you believe he’d never take part in, but there we go. Presumably money talks.

Keane was a breath of fresh air when he first his the scenes as a pundit. His desperation to say something controversial or act as if he is furious is a wee bit stale and predictable now.

2125007701_chrissutton.thumb.jpg.beb2d97f686fffff400e1bf7b91e8adf.jpg
Nicely follows on from the discussion of punditry in this country further up the page. It's actually a joke from top to bottom, not a single one of them really worth listening to in any great level of detail. 

42 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Nicely follows on from the discussion of punditry in this country further up the page. It's actually a joke from top to bottom, not a single one of them really worth listening to in any great level of detail. 

The refusal to criticise Lampard by the British media / pundits is hilarious. 

40 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

The refusal to criticise Lampard by the British media / pundits is hilarious. 

Well he's a proven winner and the toppest of blokes. If he doesn't deserve time to turn it around who does?

But he's a good manager, played at the top level, worked under brilliant managers, won major trophies, a real great bloke. 

Who needs tactics to win football matches when you have a reputation?! 

1 hour ago, Barnes23 said:

I fucking hate that cunt (Sutton). An absolute fucking con merchant and part of the BBC gravy train. It's criminal he makes a living off the license fee payer. 

I must admit I really struggle with a lot of Sky's output. 

They've shifted slowly towards a more American/ESPN/Stephen A and Skip type of coverage. I have no issue with pundits disagreeing, where I struggle is when it becomes a shouting match.