Dimitar Berbatov

JH

He is 31 in january. Too Old. I'm sure we have no interest in this player.

He's a bit like Viduka though, it's not about his pace. It's his incredible first touch and vision. I can see him still influencing games and scoring for another few years at least. Would be worth it if around £10m. We still would need to get another striker though.

Agree with this, although I'm an a fan of the transfer policy, I'd happily make an exception for berbatov. Fantastic player who would really benefit from being the main man. He doesn't rely on any physical attribute so could easily play at the highest level for another 4/5 years.

I'm gonna go out on a limb though and say hes slightly out our league though, although that won't stop me salvating at the thought of having, Ben arfa, zog and marveuax all playing off berbatov.

Sky Bet:

Jermain Defoe is now odds-on to join Arsenal at 4/5 while Newcastle are 6/4 favourites to sign Dimitar Berbatov.

:frantic:

According to them, we've been the favourites to sign him for at least a month. Same with Carlton Cole.

I'd like him with us, but only if he'd take a 3 year deal.  Plus I wouldn't pay more than 10 million for him, absolute tops!

This does seem inflated, but we are desperate for a top striker.  It would be such a waste not to put Ba and Berbatov in front of NZogbia, Ben Arfa, Tiote and Marveaux!  We could push for Europe next season!

Quality striker when he's in the mood, but don't think he'd work up front on his own (assuming Ben Arfa plays behind him). Doesn't have the legs/work rate for that isolated role, and most likely needs someone to do the legwork for him, as at Spurs he had Keane and at ManU he's had Rooney to do that.

Lack of pace specifically is an issue, if we have a relatively slowish striker up front then team will just push up on us.

But even at 30, large wages, a transfer fee we'd almost certainly loose (he'll be worth £0 probably when he's 33), and the risk incompatability with this new team we're forming, I would much rather him than a donkey like Adebayor.

I would take him in a blink of an eye...he is just quality

although we haven't spent too much money on transfers so far, its really good to see club making good free transfers in Ba and Marveaux...

ahh, just imagining squad like this one  O0

--------------------------Harper

Simpson(or new RB)---S.Taylor----Colo----Enrique

----------------------Tiote-----Cabaye

-----Marveaux-----------Ben Arfa----------Jonas (Zog)

------------------------Berbatov

SUBS: Krul, R.Taylor, Williamson, Barton, Zog(Jonas), N.Taylor, Ba, Matuidi, Barnetta, Shola, Lovenkrands, Best...

real depth on bench...i would only get new RB and good CB, ofcourse if we don't sell Enrique :S

Might be the only signing that would make me buy a new shirt.

Him or Barton if he stays. But Berbatov's Nr. 9 shirt would definitely be a must-have.

Was toying with the idea of Colo, but I seriously love Berba so good to watch.