Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

The only problem people have with Ba being our main striker is that he was free.

Bollocks. What a stupid thing to say.

Of course it is, his record spunks all over Gyan's but if we were to sign him for £13 million people would be over the moon.

Give over. Seriously...

The only problem people have with Ba being our main striker is that he was free.

Of course it is, his record spunks all over Gyan's but if we were to sign him for £13 million people would be over the moon.

Give over. Seriously...

What part is wrong? That his record isn't better than Gyan's or people wouldn't be over the moon if we spent £13 million on a player of Gyan's calibre?

Or that his knee can be f***ed up at any time and he may be out for a long time?

Any player can be out for a long time, injuries happen in football.

When was the last time Ba was out for a considerable length of time due to injury?

09-10, he played 17 of 34 games that season.

Or that his knee can be f***ed up at any time and he may be out for a long time?

When was the last time Ba was out for a considerable length of time due to injury?

09-10

All that was down to his knee was it? Or did you just look at his wikipedia stats?

Give over. Seriously...

Think he was a craking deal, and now he's here, looking forward to seeing him play for us...

... but if we'd have spent over £5m million on the bloke I can't help thinking I'd have been sweating.

Give over. Seriously...

You're the only one talking crap, mate.

09-10, he played 17 of 34 games that season.

That was down to Ibesevic and Obasi being first choice at Hoffenheim

Ba is a great signing BUT there is clearly an issue with his knee - it shows up in the medical and is obviously a concern to the medical people (hence he failed a medical twice)

It does not seem to have affected him so far BUT the fans are rightly a bit concerned about it - which is why getting another striker in is hugely important

We can't solely rely on Ba for the entire season. I'm confident he'll be a success here but with his supposed knee issues, I'm quite worried whether he can go the whole season injury free.

Bringing in another striker will certainly ease my fears a bit.

I actually think Ba will be one of our most important players next this season. He's a very under rated signing.

If his fitness holds up I totally agree. His goalscoring record is impressive, and he should get loads of chances.

We still have 4 other senior strikers in the squad at present it's not like Tim Krul will be playing up front if he gets injured

Aye but he may as well be given how shit those options are.

I actually think Ba will be one of our most important players next this season. He's a very under rated signing.

Agreed. To be honest, having looked into it more, his injury record isn't even that bad.

The more we improve the players creating the chances (the midfield), the more the strikers will score. Don't forget, we've now got Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marveaux to help create chances, which is a huge improvement on last season. Best is a good finisher, and has decent movement, so I think he'd be decent backup to Ba. Whether we're keeping Best or not remains to be seen though

We still have 4 other senior strikers in the squad at present it's not like Tim Krul will be playing up front if he gets injured

We needed another striker before we got rid of Carroll. In my opinion we still need a main striker and a good young prospect.

We needed another striker before we got rid of Carroll. In my opinion we still need a main striker and a good young prospect.

To go with the other 6 senior strikers we've currently got on the books?