Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Funniest bit about the goal for me, was Friedels reaction.

The ball gets stuck between his knees and he slides in the net with it, then he sits holding the ball, very clearly inside the net, but then he appears to think no-one might have seen it and then moves the ball back outside/over the line, almost in some vein attempt to claim it hadn't gone in.

Aye, noticed that as well :lol:

The best bit was his overdramatic "OH FUCK! THE BALL'S IN THE NET!" look before he moved the ball onto the line :lol:

An incredible signing really. The guy is proving that he will always score goals. Has just carried on where he left off at West Ham last season. That knee issue was a blessing to us in the end. We would have had no chance of signing him otherwise.

Guest Bateman

hi, westham fan here.  good to see BA banging them in, biggest regret of relegation was losing him.  Took a gamble and he looked quality from day 1 and showed up Cole and the others.

Shame you couldn't have beaten spurs at the end but great finsh from shola. 

Be good to see Ba get 20+ goals always says the right things and has quality to back it up.

Guest Bateman

nolan is a strange one. a lot of fans around me at the ground absolutly hate him.  he is slow and the game appears to pass him by most the time.  on the flip side it the first bloke since Lucas Neil who actually talks and motivates players. 

probably good for the division but think 5yrs is a stretch, can't imagine he could possibly get much slower though.

Guest Bateman

well his played more games than the £7m (?)  dyer so his doing better than him.  Don't Think we shouldn't buy any more players from you!!

Cheers mate, the guy is a godsend.

What you think about Nolan so far?

:lol:

Nasty.

beat me to it, but i was going to say "spiteful".

That wasn't meant like that. Was an honest question.  :lol:

:lol: Seemed mean as hell after his kind words.

nolan is a strange one. a lot of fans around me at the ground absolutly hate him.  he is slow and the game appears to pass him by most the time.  on the flip side it the first bloke since Lucas Neil who actually talks and motivates players. 

probably good for the division but think 5yrs is a stretch, can't imagine he could possibly get much slower though.

what sort of football are you playing (only saw highlights), as big sam didn't have the best reputation for the style he was pushing up here ?

That's essentially the Nolan we watched for his entire time here. When he wasn't scoring he was generally a drag on the team. Games used to pass him by time and time again and if it wasn't for Tioté last season he'd have been exposed excruciatingly.

Not bitterness mate, I'll always love him for his goals against Sunderland - but I'm delighted that we got rid of him when we did and I'm stunned that another team was willing to give him 5 years.

That's essentially the Nolan we watched for his entire time here. When he wasn't scoring he was generally a drag on the team. Games used to pass him by time and time again and if it wasn't for Tioté last season he'd have been exposed excruciatingly.

Not bitterness mate, I'll always love him for his goals against Sunderland - but I'm delighted that we got rid of him when we did and I'm stunned that another team was willing to give him 5 years.

yet the media will have you convinced he was one of our better players. check the thread about our best current line up and no-one had in the starting XI about a month before he left.

Guest Bateman

what sort of football are you playing (only saw highlights), as big sam didn't have the best reputation for the style he was pushing up here ?

percentage football i think you'd call it.  compared to avram grant its actually not bad though defenders actually seem to know what defending is.  2 years ago would have been outcry and protests has Sam been appointed.  seems to be getting accepted which shows how poor we've been over the passed 2/3 years.

last manager who played 'the west ham way' (love this idea but i've been going for 30+ yrs and seen some v poor football) was Pardew who basically got bent over by the icelanders and he was rumoured to have an affection for players wifes...  every hammer i know would love him back though, good to see him doing well with you lot, hopefully be playing you next year he'd get a great reception as always.