Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest kingdawson

Wouldn't be surprised if he's being fed info by some West Ham connections.

Me neither tbh. Brady , Gold and Sullivan have probably told him that to which he does his usual moronic thing of going public.

Why would any of them know what Ba has been offered? What club signs a player on a free then tells his old club the contract they have offered? West Ham's knowledge of Demba Ba's contract ended with the one they had given him.

People talk mate. All it needs is his agent informing Brady and co that they've negiotiated a better deal with Newcastle where you were willing to meet his release clause demands.

Guest elbee909

We make bid for tomkins, wham are pissed as tomkins wants to join, so board release bullshit rumour about our star player, feed it to gobshite and were left distracted by the whole saga to keep going after tomkins.

Also, this started from wham board, a board who didn't even know whether they signed Ba or had him on loan. Contract kings they are.

Wake me up before Ba go-goes.

We make bid for tomkins, wham are pissed as tomkins wants to join, so board release bullshit rumour about our star player, feed it to gobshite and were left distracted by the whole saga to keep going after tomkins.

Didn't consider that.

Me neither tbh. Brady , Gold and Sullivan have probably told him that to which he does his usual moronic thing of going public.

Why would any of them know what Ba has been offered? What club signs a player on a free then tells his old club the contract they have offered? West Ham's knowledge of Demba Ba's contract ended with the one they had given him.

That's a bit naive.

Agents talk to football clubs all the time, and not just about business that involves them directly.

I wouldnt put it past those utter fucking shysters Gold, Sullivan and Brady, anyway.

From Brady's bitter rants the other day it didn't seem like she knew anything, she was just going on about how she 'hoped he didn't have the same' this and that and how she 'hoped' Demba Ba treated us better (along those lines anyway).

Also as TT pointed out above this post, they didn't even know if he was on loan (not sure how that even works) here so I have doubts they know the finer points of his contract :dontknow:

The problem now is Ba is in a position to practically name whatever wage he wants and we know what reaction that gets from Llambais.

On the other hand maybe his agent is feeding Harry to help force the issue with us rather than Ba leaving.

Number 9 and a 5 year contract is what I think will happen.

Ba doesn't want #9 and we wouldn't give him a five year contract. :laugh:

You think all our other five year contract were made for them to run out? All about value.

People talk mate. All it needs is his agent informing Brady and co that they've negiotiated a better deal with Newcastle where you were willing to meet his release clause demands.

I'm not sure there were any demands, they were relegated, he was released  :undecided:

Guest kingdawson

We make bid for tomkins, wham are p*ssed as tomkins wants to join, so board release bullshit rumour about our star player, feed it to gobshite and were left distracted by the whole saga to keep going after tomkins.

Also, this started from wham board, a board who didn't even know whether they signed Ba or had him on loan. Contract kings they are.

Redknapp is still friendly with the spammers board (Actually more so then our board as it doesn't seem like him and Levy have the best of relationships). Brady and those other muppets feeding him info after getting annoyed about your Tomkins bids is very likely. They're a bitter bunch of grade A twats and our manager conducts himself in a disgusting manner himself so it's really a match made in heaven.

The problem now is Ba is in a position to practically name whatever wage he wants and we know what reaction that gets from Llambais.

That's a problem, but it isn't the biggest problem.

The biggest problem is that everyone now knows that the most startling in-form striker in the league can be had at some time in the next 3 weeks for a very low fee.

You think all our other five year contract were made for them to run out? All about value.

Far too much risk given his knee.

Class interview that was.

I didn't read that, sorry. Still believe he will stay and sign and new contract if that clause is true. Seems like a good guy and he'd do a Carroll anyway if he went away.

Best way to keep players like Demba Ba is to invest in the team to put yourselves in a position where you're the place they want to be instead of the stepping stone.

Simply won't happen under this lot and I'd be stunned if he's not away in the summer, along with at least one or two others.

This is like a microcosm of what is wrong with football.

You (although it isn't relevant it is you) go out and find a player who has had an iffy history previously, is threatened by injury, and take a chance on him.

He does exceptionally well for you, but within three months his agent - and clearly this has come from his agent - is publishing the fact he has a cheap release clause in his contract.

It doesn't take much to work out what is going to happen here, be it now or in the summer.

The saddest thing about football in this country is that you can't build anything, and the reason for this is because of the vast network of non-contributing c***s swarming around the game, making money.

indeed.

Still i don't get how Redknapp is allowed to say these things. I mean fair enough if you have been leaked details or a player's contract but you should not be allowed to then publicly spill them

Because Redknapp is the  world's worst at tapping up other clubs' players, that's why.

He does it every summer and every January. There he is for the SSN cameras, leaning out of his Range Rover talking about players who play for other clubs.

I was whinging on generally in the boozer earlier saying IMO all players (aside from commercial interests) should be represented by the PFA.

They get paid, generally an obscene wage ruining football, and IMO it's only going to end in disaster.

You (although it isn't relevant it is you) go out and find a player who has had an iffy history previously, is threatened by injury, and take a chance on him.

He does exceptionally well for you, but within three months his agent - and clearly this has come from his agent - is publishing the fact he has a cheap release clause in his contract.

It doesn't take much to work out what is going to happen here, be it now or in the summer.

The saddest thing about football in this country is that you can't build anything, and the reason for this is because of the vast network of non-contributing c***s swarming around the game, making money.

indeed.

Still i don't get how Redknapp is allowed to say these things. I mean fair enough if you have been leaked details or a player's contract but you should not be allowed to then publicly spill them

Because Redknapp is the  world's worst at tapping up other clubs' players, that's why.

He does it every summer and every January. There he is for the SSN cameras, leaning out of his Range Rover talking about players who play for other clubs.

I was whinging on generally in the boozer earlier saying IMO all players (aside from commercial interests) should be represented by the PFA.

They get paid, generally an obscene wage ruining football, and IMO it's only going to end in disaster.

Totally agree, I don't know why the football authorities have let the situation build into what it has.

Best way to keep players like Demba Ba is to invest in the team to put yourselves in a position where you're the place they want to be instead of the stepping stone.

Simply won't happen under this lot and I'd be stunned if he's not away in the summer, along with at least one or two others.

:clap:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

indeed.

That's how it works in the MLS (kinda). All players are owned by the League, and any deals with them have to go through league representatives first.

indeed.

Not a bad plan whatsoever.