Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Hypothetically if he did go, taking our new formation into account, do we go after a winger?

It's simple, we sign Arjen Robben. [/mackemlogic]

What about Ronaldo. Winger/Striker. Covers both bases.  :cheesy:

Guest andrew

Nah, i don't think he really fits in this 4-3-3, but his sheer quality and technical skill makes up for awkwardness in terms of positioning. got to hope he's happy playing the more withdrawn role, didn't he leave hoffenheim due to playing out wide? could have made that up like, or saying that he'sm probably matured a lot since then. We shouldn't return to a 4-4-2, that's for sure.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ba dosnt really react to either of Cisses goals. I think he is genuinely jealous that his 'mate' is getting all the attention

I genuinely think, regardless of how well he is playing, that he is pissed off about playing on the left

I hope i am wrong, but if he starts being all sulky and thinking about individual glory he will go right down in my estimations.

Ba dosnt really react to either of Cisses goals. I think he is genuinely jealous that his 'mate' is getting all the attention

I genuinely think, regardless of how well he is playing, that he is p*ssed off about playing on the left

I hope i am wrong, but if he starts being all sulky and thinking about individual glory he will go right down in my estimations.

Apart from when he is celebrating with him you mean?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1t23wIAOD1qin4evo1_500.png

Can't see this happening at all. Ba is a legend and will continue to score a shedload of goals

Guest sicko2ndbest

Honestly think people make things up just to stir s*** at times.

:thup:

Ba was one of the first to congratulate Cisse.

That being said, i really hope Ba gets a goal soon, it will do him a very good.

Hope im wrong, but watch the highlights

I hope im reading too much into it

Watch this space

BTW, if Pardew reverts back to 4-4-2 because of this he wants shooting!

:thup:

Ba was one of the first to congratulate Cisse.

That being said, i really hope Ba gets a goal soon, it will do him a very good.

Hope im wrong, but watch the highlights

I hope im reading too much into it

Watch this space

BTW, if Pardew reverts back to 4-4-2 because of this he wants shooting!

Ok, i will :lol:

But seriously, don`t worry to much about it.

If he is so mentally frail, we have a problem anyways.

I like to look at it like this:

He is a winner, and of course he wants to score the goals.

As it looks to me, he is a very down to earth guy, and i think he is very happy we are doing well and are happy for Cisse.

But he want to please us, as fans, and he know that scoring is a easy way into the heart of the fans. So i really really hope he gets some goals soon, as i think it is a burden he have now. Score a goal, and he will be more relaxed again.

My first shoot as a psychologist :pokerface:

I genuinely think, regardless of how well he is playing, that he is p*ssed off about playing on the left

that picture, so epic. Cabaye trying to avoid the turd on the ground, Simpson trying looking for a reaction for his funny joke, Ba striking a pose for a group picture on vacation, Ben Arfa beeing all "wtf did he really do that?" and guthrie is going "uhm guys why wasn't I invited?" :D

that picture, so epic. Cabaye trying to avoid the turd on the ground, Simpson trying looking for a reaction for his funny joke, Ba striking a pose for a group picture on vacation, Ben Arfa beeing all "wtf did he really do that?" and guthrie is going "uhm guys why wasn't I invited?" :D

And Cisse has clearly just ejaculated.

This, almost seem like girl gossping at times, Ba is a really  down to earth guy and seems to me as the the type of player who'd be more happy with us winning than anything else, even if it means him not getting any goals.

I wouldn't describe it as jealousy, in fact that's the last thing it would be. I would bet that Ba is chuffed for Cisse, but obviously as a striker he wants to be getting his share as well. When you haven't scored for 7 games it's going to be there at the back of your mind when you are playing a selfless role for the team.

Ba will score goals its just Cisse has helped him with the work load and Ba has performed this exact role at West Ham and Hoffenheim and anyone who cares who scores the goals as long they end up in the net?

As long as they doesnt effect Ba mentally which i dont think it will i really couldnt care less.

Presumably over the season Ba will be called upon to play up front, either because Cisse is unavailable or because we need to play 4-4-2 for a game or two.

Would love him to get another couple before the end of the season though.

Cisse and Ba switched multiple times throughout the game, too. So it's not like he's just been hauled out wide and will be given no chance to score.

Was going to mention that, what makes the front 3 so dangerous is that they are all constantly roaming all swapping positions and this includes Ben Arfa and it makes them very unpredictable.

It's just that Cisse happens to be in position in for the goals in last few games, Ba will score goals not as many as he did before but i still expect him to score around 15 a season starting from next year.

But Ba scoring goals isnt as important as the whole front 3 contributing and Ba himself is showing more of his overall skillset now.

To me Ba is playing as well as he has all season if not better its just Cisse is scoring the goals that he would be scoring.

I really dont see the issue here tbh.

I think as the front three all become accustomed to each other non of them will have a set rigid position within that front three, instead we'll see them fluidly interchanging positions throughout the match.

Aye, front 3 rotation is a brilliant option to have, my favourite recent example would be Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo the season Man Utd beat Chelsea in the Champs League final, all three would take up central roles during games.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Jealousy?? It's not women's football we're talking about here. If Ba was really upset at Cissé getting the goals then it would be really childish of him. But Ba is a mature and humble bloke by listening to a good few interviews of his so no problem.