Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

He looked absolutely shagged after about 65 minutes like. Had we not needed to replace Coloccini and Cisse I like to think he'd have come off, he's played so many 90 minute games lately. He needs a rest at some point.

Probably should have came off instead of Ben Arfa

He looks a bit sad at the moment :(

Guest firetotheworks

ed on nufcblog says we'we offered ba new 4 year deal?!

Ed on NUFCBlog also reckons that dogs can't look up.

ed on nufcblog says we'we offered ba new 4 year deal?!

Ed on NUFCBlog also reckons that dogs can't look up.

look up what though, a chinese takeaways phone no, an ex girlfriend perhaps or maybe some information to do with the excess in pet insurance ?

NEWCASTLE United are ready to wait until the end of the season before opening formal negotiations with Demba Ba about a new contract.

Weekend claims that the club had tabled an offer of £50,000 a week to United’s top scorer have been played down by Newcastle chiefs, who are ready to wait and see whether they qualify for Europe before making a definitive move on Ba.

The striker is understood to have a release clause valued at around £10m in his contract which entitles him to leave if a potential suitor tables a bid.

Paris-Saint Germain, Tottenham and Chelsea have all been linked with the forward recently, but he is no great hurry to leave and his desire to stay is fuelled by a belief that United are moving in the right direction.

Although conversations are understood to have taken place between United and the player’s representatives, they do not seem to be at an advanced stage.

Newcastle prefer to do their business in private and move with lightning pace when it looks like progress will be made – as they did in securing new long-term deals for Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul last month.

Last week Pardew explained that the club’s fans can play a part in keeping Ba at the club.

He said: “If I had a message I would say it would be nice for them to show him they want him to stay.”

Newcastle hope to persuade Danny Simpson and Danny Guthrie to stay at the club and sign new long-term deals, but negotiations for both have stalled recently.

Guthrie is understood to have received firm interest from Aston Villa while Simpson, who has constantly re-iterated his desire to stay at St James’ Park, hopes to revive talks in the summer.

Managing director Derek Llambias explained the club’s policy on contract extensions while discussing the financial figures with The Journal last month.

He said: “We try to give ourselves two years.

“Once they come up to two years we’ll sit down with their agents.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/03/28/demba-ba-contract-talks-on-hold-until-summer-61634-30639816/#ixzz1qOeuc9gD

Guest MrSundlofer

I am just afraid that Ba wants to sign a new contract (and that's good), but the board sees his current successful season as an opportunity to cash in on him - to sell him for a high fee.

Guest neesy111

Its going to take more than £50k a week to keep him, he is going to be offered double hat and more by other clubs.

So other clubs are going to offer him over 100k.

:yao:

Him taking a bit of a backseat to Papiss could be a massive blessing. As his goals rate dries up, has he been found out? Was it just a purple patch? Bla bla bla. Hopefully they won't realise that he's still more than playing his part.

I am just afraid that Ba wants to sign a new contract (and that's good), but the board sees his current successful season as an opportunity to cash in on him - to sell him for a high fee.

but we can't exactly cash in with a high fee this summer can we? apparently a low release clause with half of it going to him (if the rumours are to be beleived)

in our best interest to give him a new contract

Its going to take more than £50k a week to keep him, he is going to be offered double hat and more by other clubs.

Newcastle are even prepared to DOUBLE the money Ba would get if he leaves — with a £5m signing-on fee spread over the term of his new deal.

From the sun article.  So it would be more than £50k a week apparently.  Surely he would get decent bonuses on top of a basic £50k anyway?  Thought our contracts were supposedly going to be performance based?

We haven't pursued the "cashing in" strategy with anyone other than Enrique really, have we? When people like Tiote were playing well we gave them massive new contracts.

I think Ba will stay, he's happy and playing well.

Carroll. Nolan. Barton. Even making excuses to shift off our most promising youth player in years in Ranger. WHEN WILL THE SELLING END? :frantic:

Be interesting to see what happens with Ba. As a team we're building something good, there's a great team spirit and the Ba/Cisse/Ben Arfa thing looks like it could be deadly. These should be enough to keep him at the club with a bigger contract but sadly money often talks in football and if Chelski come in and offer him silly money his head may be turned. He seems like a decent bloke but seen it all too often before.

Selling Carroll was the very definition of cashing in. As it happens that has been a massive 'success' for us given the ludicrous fee and the fact he's been gash for what is now our closest competitor. Enrique clearly wanted to go once it became obvious we weren't willing to pay what he wanted and he'd had his head turned by the same club. Whilst I wasn't happy at the time about Nolan and Barton being allowed to leave, it was clearly much easier to replace aging midfielders for whom the only way was down.

I continue to worry that the club will see the Carroll deal as proof that we can easily replace other top players in their prime like Tiote and Ba, and the Enrique deal as proof that we can cope even without proper replacements.

Selling Carroll was the very definition of cashing in. As it happens that has been a massive 'success' for us given the ludicrous fee and the fact he's been gash for what is now our closest competitor. Enrique clearly wanted to go once it became obvious we weren't willing to pay what he wanted and he'd had his head turned by the same club. Whilst I wasn't happy at the time about Nolan and Barton being allowed to leave, it was much easier to replace aging midfielders for whom the only way was down.

I continue to worry that the club will see the Carroll deal as proof that we can easily replace other top players in their prime, like Tiote and Ba.

true it was cashing in but i think it was meant in the style of "sell anything to make a profit" which wasn't really the case. if similar ridiculous deals come along for the tiote's and ba's i've no doubt we'd take them but that goes for practically every club.

He looked absolutely shagged after about 65 minutes like. Had we not needed to replace Coloccini and Cisse I like to think he'd have come off, he's played so many 90 minute games lately. He needs a rest at some point.

I agree. Like Shola, only not to the same degree, there's an issue with his stamina. We shouldn't be expecting to get 90 minutes out of him.