Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Can only echo what people are saying. He may not be scoring, but he's still more than involved and an important player out there for us each and every match. Was fantastic and, even if it wasn't needed, a shame he couldn't net one for himself. Hope he does see the big picture and doesn't let it affect him. :)

James Satterley ‏ @the_gun_sh0w   

@dembabafoot Well done today Demba! Keep sharing that strawberry syrup with Hatem and Cisse!

Demba Ba ‏ @dembabafoot

@the_gun_sh0w hahaha. I think they took everything i had left at home

:aww:

Guest Dontooner

Instrumental to our overall play yesterday, he is doing all the dirty work for link up plays which limits the amount of chances he could get in the box. Would be difficult to find a replacement for Ba tbh, hopeful that the club would ofter him a fair contract and he would like to stay as well.

Would anyone else consider giving Ba a rest after the Liverpool game? He's played a helluva lot of football this year, putting a lot of lonely performances up top prior to Cisse's arrival. Don't want him to burn out completely/get injured.

The work rate required from him Cisse and Ben Arfa yesterday and going forward was massive without doubt it's going to take it's toll at some point. Certainly going to see alot of super subs from Shola as the three of them are rotated at the 70 75 minute mark for the remainder of the season.

The setup here is pretty much perfect for Ba imo. Firstly, we have the French contingent (and his fellow countryman with him); secondly, we have the potential to play some really great football with the players we have and finally the fans love him. It really looks like he loves it here too :)

Get him a new contract ASAP!

The link up for the 3rd game was sexy as f*ck, the backheel from Ba to HBA and the cut back to Cisse was just brilliant.

Show's how dangerous the front 3 is going to be.

His slip/fall/foul on that was unfortunate as I was hoping that would be his goal. But he played some wonderful stuff and was dangerous as usual. He did look tired in the 2nd half for all the tracking back he was doing, which fair play to him I was happy to see.

Special mention for his medical translating he had to do for Cisse man, :lol: - having to listen to an ailing Cisse, then tell the physio what was wrong.

He looked absolutely shagged after about 65 minutes like. Had we not needed to replace Coloccini and Cisse I like to think he'd have come off, he's played so many 90 minute games lately. He needs a rest at some point.

He looked absolutely shagged after about 65 minutes like. Had we not needed to replace Coloccini and Cisse I like to think he'd have come off, he's played so many 90 minute games lately. He needs a rest at some point.

Gladly rest him when the season is up!